Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Most Distance Travelled By Car In One Day

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
900 mile round trip Prague-Basel for an England game one evening. Designated driver with 4 pissheads in the car. They met in the pub an hour early so none was fit to share driving on the road at there. Cheeky f****rs.

Thanks to Autobahns, did the return leg in a little over 4 hours :eek:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
677 miles from my apartment in the Alps to my home in East London. Left on a Friday night, home by the early hours of the morning. Stopping once for diesel and another time for a wee and some coffee.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
852, Vancouver to Saskatoon. Overnight after a day's work. Hard driving. :lolol:

Faversham to Carlisle and back 760. For the football. 90% of that was attribulable to the driving of [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION]

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Last year drive from near Biarritz to Dieppe, about 600 miles. Left at 9am and arrived 4pm with a few stops. This was the Friday before the Man City game and managed to persuade my lovely wife it was better to get the night ferry. Night ferry left Dieppe 00.15, didn't sleep a wink and got home to Shoreham around 10am . Wife then drive me straight to the Evening Star, met my mates, met the Norwegian equivalent of MOTD cast, and then the game. No sleep for at least 38 hours. Happy days!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Had a job working with Ford and Martini for Monte Carlo Rally, so drove from Barnet to Menton, South of France - Left around 4.30/5ish, euro tunnel, and in Menton by 9ish that night.

Absolutley thrashed the 3.5l Shogun we we're in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I need to wake up at about 1 in the morning on Wednesday. Getting in the car for the 4.20 Dover Calais ferry. And then on to Chambery, on the French-Italian border. Hopefully get there by 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Brighton to Nimes in France once a month for a sales meeting, return trip two days later, 760 miles each way. God that was a shit job!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Littlehampton to Lake Garda. On the way down I break for brief snooze at a French rest area as we travel overnight, but the journey homes largely daytime so I do it in one go with fuel and food stops only. 1481 km, 920 miles. With four kids, and in previous years towing a trailer too! This years trip sees the older two flying out to meet us next day so a normal size car and no trailer for us this year so should make the whole thing a bit easier.

I love driving in Europe though and the journey is one of my favourite bits of the trip. Switzerland and the Italian border down to the lakes has the most breathtaking scenery.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Littlehampton to Lake Garda. On the way down I break for brief snooze at a French rest area as we travel overnight, but the journey homes largely daytime so I do it in one go with fuel and food stops only. 1481 km, 920 miles. With four kids, and in previous years towing a trailer too! This years trip sees the older two flying out to meet us next day so a normal size car and no trailer for us this year so should make the whole thing a bit easier.

I love driving in Europe though and the journey is one of my favourite bits of the trip. Switzerland and the Italian border down to the lakes has the most breathtaking scenery.

The Road around the shore of Lake Garda is one of the Worlds best motor racing tracks, must take the CBR there one day!

Personally the longest trip was two, so to speak. First Leg in works van with environmental monitoring gear from Stromness (Orkney) to Scrabster Northern Scotland (Ferry). Thereafter all the way down to Birmingham, dropped van and unloaded it, picked up my car for Second Leg and drove down to Portslade to see the future Mrs Jakarta. 730 or so miles, shared driving in the van, solo in the car. Around 15 hours including stops. Fell asleep around 30 minutes after arriving!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Worthing to Carlisle and back via Mellor in 1997. Approximately 750 miles.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sharjah, U.A.E. to Doha, Qatar and then back to Dubai, in 1978. We were moving house but when we got to the border with Doha they wouldn't let us in as our paperwork for the car was not in order so we had to turn round and go back to Dubai. Best part of 1,400 km in one day, with a car full of furniture and pets! Mainly desert roads in those day as well.

2 words. ****. That

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
A few years ago I was driving with Mrs DFP from Brighton to Risoul for a training course, the plan was to share the load, she took over at one service station and pulled in at the next. 16hrs total and she drove for 20mins :lol:

I can identify with this one...once decided to drive to Seattle for the day from Kelowna, B.C., where we lived at the time. Left home at 5am, partner promising to share the driving. I drove all the way there, spent the day with a visiting friend doing the touristy bit. When it came to driving home, partner drove for about 5 mins tops then said “Actually, I don’t feel it would be safe for me to drive, I’m too tired!!” My mate and I then shared the drive back, with my partner waking every hour or so, saying “Are you sure you're safe to drive?!” Cheeky ****er!, what else were we supposed to do...walk! About 1000kms each way, that one!:ffsparr:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Toronto to New York round trip to pick up an ex-girlfriend. 18 or 19 hours, roughly 1000 miles/1600km.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Once drove 490 miles from Stirling to Rottingdean, in 6.5 hours.

Deliberately timed the start at 6pm post rush hour, sometimes driving at stupid speeds on near empty M6 and M40.
We left at 1030 pm after a Shots Thursday night home game . Roads were so quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here