Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official AFC Wimbledon v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Thread

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Its all about fitness not results....
Clearly - which is a shame for those that forked out £20 to watch 4 of our first choice players stroll around getting fit to be replace by U23 players on 60 minutes. I suppose it is a good physical workout against a fired up team - I would just be a bit miffed if a team in our big friendly did that to us. Makes sense to split the squad across the two games from a modern sports science point of view I guess and at least the Dons fans will get a story about beating a PL team but just all seems a bit poor on the PR side.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They are far, far sharper than us. As you’d expect as this point. We’ve also got quite a weak team out. I’m not currently concerned.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The bedwetters are massing on the nappy front line.
Take cover :shrug:

Too late, they're here.

images-2.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
No i don't. I watch the matches and form an opinion. Try it.

No you don't. You form an opinion and then try to match the facts to it, and it's quite obvious you want him to fail so yo can be proved right in your assessment. The good news for Locadia is you seem to have the analytical capabilities of a young Bensgrandad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We seem to have had no energy at the beginning but woke up during it, not impressed by Button atm, Locadia making good runs and is making attempts at winning the ball, but it just isn't working out for him atm. Hell, just repeat that for nearly every player today, they're being beaten to everything today, but we started actually putting some balls through the defence, something we need to do against a team set up to defend anything that comes in the air.
That is rubbish. For the first 20 mins Locadia jogged around and did absolutely nothing. In that time he had one shot which i think the ball left the stadium. After that he was put through on a couple of occasions to chase which he did but poor finishing. Not once did he win as a free kick like what Murray does or a single header.
Button couldn't do much about the goals. Thought he was ok and his distribution fine.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
They're also a week ahead in their pre-season, with their first game a week before ours, so them being sharper does make a bit more sense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought generally we looked second best but as many have said it is fitness and performance that is important so would like yo see us offer a bit more especially as most if not all of the players will be in our 25 man squad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That’s embarrassing Knockaert

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve always found it very odd that people moan about friendlies. And they do it year after year despite it clearly not having any affect on the league games.

The same people do it year on year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Playing much better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here