Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hold you heads high lads

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Mixed feelings. Proud that we got this far with such a young side, and we were certainly the better side first half. They were much better second half and we couldn't match them. Gulf in class in central midfield was obvious, Henderson gave the ball away far too many times. Modric is far superior. We couldn't adapt tactically to them second half and barely threatened. A young side though, good keeper, good defence, bar the odd lapse and decent up front. If we can find a dominant ball playing midfielder I really think this team could kick on. Been a great ride and enjoyed the tournament much more than I thought. Bring on Man Utd now, looking forward to seeing our new signings

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Feel really sorry for the team.

I think a decent manager would have made the necessary half time team talk and necessary changes to win that match that was for the taking.

Unfortunately we are now stuck with him because of his "success". :(

You are part of the failure that this manager and team have left behind.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Feel really sorry for the team.

I think a decent manager would have made the necessary half time team talk and necessary changes to win that match that was for the taking.

Unfortunately we are now stuck with him because of his "success". :(

Well if ‘success’ means somehow managing to change a country’s general apathy to their national football team, if ‘success’ means football fans returning to support their national team again for the first time in 20 years, if ‘success’ means having pride in the people representing us, if ‘success’ equals the second best result at a tournament ever, then I am extremely happy to be stuck with him (and these players) for a while longer...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Unfortunately there are some players on the bench today who could have made an impact. Out weakness was midfield and leaving Delph and/or Loftus-Cheek kicking their heels while Alli passengered around for 2 hours is just ridiculous.

Think we will never have a better opportunity to get into a final. The only way is down :(

Your signature is very apt :)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have loved this tournament. That said, I am not sure we have overachieved due to us. That sounds odd but I am pretty sure we have been reasonably strong fav wothbthe bookies in all matches apart from Belgium.

Kane must surely be injured. At least it was him who missed those sitters rather than sterling. Saves him from media.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn’t quite happen tonight - Croatia’s tactics of pressing the defence worked but what a great tournement from our unfacied, young lions. We should hold our heads high and Southgate has done fantastically. England til I die.

This, and nothing more to be said. I shall trawl the threads and bash any wankers I run across,

England!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Outplayed by the better team on the night.

Could have easily lost it 2-1 in normal time if not for the woodwork.

That said, all things considered it's been an excellent tournament for England.

2016 - France lose to Portugal in Paris in the Euro Final.

2018 - France make the WC Final, England lose in the Semi Finals

2020 - England make the Euro Final at Wembley?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
FFS so you don't deem this a failure tonight?

I'm have unburdened myself of the fear of failure just like the England team have done.

They have performed beyond expectation and tomorrow is another day.

Can't wait for the Euros.

You have a lot to learn from Gareth Southgate,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I could do without your so so obvious trolling .

Stop using this board as an opportunity to show your true colours.

What? [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] is about as much a troll as xxxxx and xxxxx and xxxxx are not complete cockwombles :dunce:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm have unburdened myself of the fear of failure just like the England team have done.

They have performed beyond expectation and tomorrow is another day.

Can't wait for the Euros.

You have a lot to learn from Gareth Southgate,

So you have just experienced failure but you don't fear it anymore.

Ok

I'm going to bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here