[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You’re wrong on that.

In addition [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] carries out his mod duties with impartiality IMO. He’s a proud card carrying Tory and doesn’t dent it. Whilst I don’t share his political views I do think he is an excellent mod and is entitled to post whatever he wants as are all members of NSC provided they are within the rules.

As for merging threads, seems a good idea to me. I’d be more than happy for there to be one overarching politics thread on NSC where people can play Punch and Judy to their heart’s content without cluttering up the board with name calling and petty point scoring.

You're wrong on this one, anyone who thinks it a joke to post libellous posts such as his Hitler one as well as change thread titles is not fit to be a mod on here . If he wants to act like he does and troll to his hearts desire then he is not fit to call out others as a Mod

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think YOU are an excellent mod. I think Titanic is wrong but you do have to stick together I guess.

I can't think of another time recently where two totally unrelated threads, one about societal racism, the other about some local council candidate in Hastings pretending to be a soldier, for example would be merged.

We've got three threads about Booonley and Bong...merge them, three about Man Utd, merge them. They're at least about the same frigging thing. Do you see the error in your logic?

We've also got the 2 'Labour Party Nasty Racists' & 'Corbyn Time to Go' ones running for some time - for some reason they haven't been hurriedly merged like these 2 were.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We've also got the 2 'Labour Party Nasty Racists' & 'Corbyn Time to Go' ones running for some time - for some reason they haven't been hurriedly merged like these 2 were.

All the more reason for merging them IMO. I don't know, or indeed care, about the threads that were merged, as I usually glaze over once each side parks their tanks on each other's lawn. Experience of NSC suggests no one is going to change their views as a result of reading the thread, as we live in too entrenched a society these days where bipartisanship and co-operation are seen as dirty words.

I've made judgement errors as a mod, we all have, but I stand by my view of [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION], he's a good guy, whose political views are not airbrushed and not my cup of tea, but we agree to disagree on such issues without resorting to insults and abuse.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
All the more reason for merging them IMO. I don't know, or indeed care, about the threads that were merged, as I usually glaze over once each side parks there tanks on each other's lawn. Experience of NSC suggests no one is going to change their views as a result of reading the thread, as we live in too entrenched a society these days where bipartisanship and co-operation are seen as dirty words.

I've made judgement errors as a mod, we all have, but I stand by my view of [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION], he's a good guy, whose political views are not airbrushed and not my cup of tea, but we agree to disagree on such issues without resorting to insults and abuse.

What are you on about?

One thread was about bringing attention to the Windrush scandal, which has made national headlines and has been declared disgraceful by large parts of the country, whilst another thread was about bringing attention to the very local issue of a Tory candidate standing in the local elections in Hastings on Thursday who allegedly lied about being a war veteran, and has subsequently been suspended by his party. The threads were started to discuss two very vitally important, yet completely distinct, subjects.

I'm not sure what 'views' you are referring to, whether it's on a particular topic, or whether it's about political parties, but I can absolutely tell you that I have changed my views on many different issues over the years as I've experienced or become aware of various different things. People don't always like to admit it, but they change their views all the time, as evidenced by the various different polls on different topics or parties which are regularly conducted. Look at the extreme variations in Corbyn's ratings over the last couple of years, for example, to see how people have changed their views of him, either way. People like [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] will never change their views, because they're too biased, but that's not true for all of us. That said, for many it's not about changing views, it's about highlighting social injustices.

There was a sort of related scandal at last year's election in Hastings & Rye, where readers of NSC were made aware that Amber Rudd was alleged to have shut down someone at a local event who was asking uncomfortable questions about Saudi Arabia. I think this scandal played a large part in Rudd nearly losing her Hastings & Rye seat, after (3?) recounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcMW6RmC_w

These are important issues for people to know about and discuss if they so wish. The merging of threads only serves to inhibit discussion of important issues.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What are you on about?

One thread was about bringing attention to the Windrush scandal, which has made national headlines and has been declared disgraceful by large parts of the country, whilst another thread was about bringing attention to the very local issue of a Tory candidate standing in the local elections in Hastings on Thursday who allegedly lied about being a war veteran, and has subsequently been suspended by his party. The threads were started to discuss two very vitally important, yet completely distinct, subjects.

I'm not sure what 'views' you are referring to, whether it's on a particular topic, or whether it's about political parties, but I can absolutely tell you that I have changed my views on many different issues over the years as I've experienced or become aware of various different things. People don't always like to admit it, but they change their views all the time, as evidenced by the various different polls on different topics or parties which are regularly conducted. Look at the extreme variations in Corbyn's ratings over the last couple of years, for example, to see how people have changed their views of him, either way. People like [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] will never change their views, because they're too biased, but that's not true for all of us. That said, for many it's not about changing views, it's about highlighting social injustices.

There was a sort of related scandal at last year's election in Hastings & Rye, where readers of NSC were made aware that Amber Rudd was alleged to have shut down someone at a local event who was asking uncomfortable questions about Saudi Arabia. I think this scandal played a large part in Rudd nearly losing her Hastings & Rye seat, after (3?) recounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcMW6RmC_w

These are important issues for people to know about and discuss if they so wish. The merging of threads only serves to inhibit discussion of important issues.

Nail. Head. On.

It has clearly escaped Titanic and El Pres' attention but about 40% of ALL posts / Threads on NSC are political, 40% is about BHA and the other 20% is about bo!locks.

Just because you think no one ever shifts positions doesn't mean it's true. I've been shamed, owned and persuaded by many posters down the years.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
But that was about your favourite TellyTubby #TeamTinkyWinky

That's what my missus calls my "gentleman"

and no, I don't want this thread merged with any other threads about knobs.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
You’re wrong on that.

In addition [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] carries out his mod duties with impartiality IMO. He’s a proud card carrying Tory and doesn’t dent it. Whilst I don’t share his political views I do think he is an excellent mod and is entitled to post whatever he wants as are all members of NSC provided they are within the rules.

As for merging threads, seems a good idea to me. I’d be more than happy for there to be one overarching politics thread on NSC where people can play Punch and Judy to their heart’s content without cluttering up the board with name calling and petty point scoring.

So how about asking me the original Poster if he can merge it ???

This is nothing to do with Windrush etc as if it was I would have posted it in the correct thread
Big Brother coming out to play it seems
And a man lying about his history in combat is a bit different to Windrush isn’t it ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So how about asking me the original Poster if he can merge it ???

This is nothing to do with Windrush etc as if it was I would have posted it in the correct thread
Big Brother coming out to play it seems
And a man lying about his history in combat is a bit different to Windrush isn’t it ???

I'm not agreeing with the original decision or disagreeing with it. I've made decisions in haste whilst moderating, especially whilst being on NSC whilst being distracted by things such as driving the car, at work or whilst having sexual intercourse, which in hindsight I wouldn't make, and this sometimes involves merging and unmerging threads.

At the same time I don't think [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] is guilty of letting his political persuasion lead him to make the decision, knowing him as I do he does his best to be impartial and objective when moderating, as we all do, which is why [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] asked him to do the role in the first place. By all means disagree with his decision, but no need to abuse someone (and I am not saying that you have done this) that does a job for no reward or benefit (apart from the uniform).

We all make errors, but I can honestly say (as we do discuss things at Mod Towers) that there is no political agenda, left or right that is being suppressed or promoted by the Mod team, as we have significantly differing views, and as such are representative of the board as a whole.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not agreeing with the original decision or disagreeing with it. I've made decisions in haste whilst moderating, especially whilst being on NSC whilst being distracted by things such as driving the car, at work or whilst having sexual intercourse, which in hindsight I wouldn't make, and this sometimes involves merging and unmerging threads.

At the same time I don't think [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] is guilty of letting his political persuasion lead him to make the decision, knowing him as I do he does his best to be impartial and objective when moderating, as we all do, which is why [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] asked him to do the role in the first place. By all means disagree with his decision, but no need to abuse someone (and I am not saying that you have done this) that does a job for no reward or benefit (apart from the uniform).

We all make errors, but I can honestly say (as we do discuss things at Mod Towers) that there is no political agenda, left or right that is being suppressed or promoted by the Mod team, as we have significantly differing views, and as such are representative of the board as a whole.

Jesus Christ. This is what you said:

That is quite blatantly agreeing with Titanic's smug, big brotherly actions, so don't bother dressing it up any other way. It would have been better if you had said nothing because you're coming across as a fking idiot now. Titanic shouldn't be a mod. He's too partisan and even when he behaves like a ****, it seems we get the mod cavalry riding in to defend the indefensible,

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Are you high?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I think you ARE disagreeing with the original decision but because you guys all go on a jolly once a year you have to be nice to each other...wheras us lot are not in your gang you can do what you like based on what amuses you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jesus Christ. This is what you said:

That is quite blatantly agreeing with Titanic's smug, big brotherly actions, so don't bother dressing it up any other way. It would have been better if you had said nothing because you're coming across as a fking idiot now. Titanic shouldn't be a mod. He's too partisan and even when he behaves like a ****, it seems we get the mod cavalry riding in to defend the indefensible,

This is what I wrote in Mod Towers in March

One Politics Thread.JPG

It was discussed at length in terms of the way NSC has been overrun by political threads which quickly turn abusive. One suggestion was to merge them all, I'm in favour of it. In the end, like many things, no final decision was made.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you ARE disagreeing with the original decision but because you guys all go on a jolly once a year you have to be nice to each other...wheras us lot are not in your gang you can do what you like based on what amuses you.

Possibly, but if you take a look at some other threads the mods have let rip at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here