Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumours Rumours Rumours - a question

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I wonder if we'll still get players diverting once on the motorway to sign the deal a la Pritchard and Ward. The fact that it has happened twice recently is mind boggling, can lightning strike three times?

What about Lewis Money Grabban ****

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
[MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] same, when I opened it I expected to see Tomori, he seemed to enjoy himself so who knows

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
R.L-C would be a good signing but the young British Chelsea players do seem more consistant than those from other clubs when out on loan. Expect there are a few we'd be interested in and at least they'd play here.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Great location/city to live in, with easy links to London/Gatwick

I have to say that this should be a real draw for players.

I came to East Sussex in 1989, at the tender age of 18, and never felt happier. This is a beautiful place to live and I've considered it home ever since. I hope players feel the same when they visit.

All that said, I came from Bradford - so setting up home in a cesspit would have been an improvement.. but still.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Almost every single rumour seems to be a player surplus to requirements at their host club. Agent wants to secure a playing deal for their client. Press want a story. Agent names clubs his player wants to go to (sort of advanced tapping up in reverse) if the pay etc. is right.

When the suggested club will bite is less than 20% for the popular rags.

The exceptions may be that the player is discontented, greedy or just fishing. Or, perhaps, he wants a better contract with his host club.

Basically, they are all a load of rubbish unless that are on the list of targets already.

It does seem to half indicate that Brighton would be a popular choice!?

I think we always were for clubs surplus to requirements in the top European Leagues. e.g. Lopez.

Now we are looking for a better standard of player. Difficult and may involve a transfer fee and a wait until the selling club can get a replacement.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only SSN, Independent, Guardian, Telegraph and Times always have truthful transfer news. BBC simply pass on truthful stuff.

But because fans are desparate to hear something about their club, we end up reading the lying hacks at the tabloids, and the shite out of Spanish and German websites. The tabloids might get the rare thing thing correct and gloat, but that's only after a scatter gun approach of publising hundreds of baseless transfer leads.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I expect us to go for lower profile players currently playing in Europe. Let's see

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"I want to fight for my first team place in the Premier League. Give us chance."

"I want to play regular football. And I'm not getting a fair chance."
Return to Sender.

NB: When we got promoted back in '79, there a was at least one player (Peter O'Sullivan) that stepped up to the mark very well for at least one season.

All in the air. My main point, is that I do no expect too many signings. Unlike last season when we rightly went for strength in depth. This new season we might need genuine quality.

Anyrate, honouring contracts worth both ways. At least until January.

This was posted in the wrong thread.

To put into context, the agents of fringe players of other clubs may think pastures are greener elsewhere. It will take shrewd recruiter to find a gem. With a nearly full quota we can't really take a risk of an injury jinxed talent that has lost his way a bit.

I thought last year we were minus a Pritchard type to almost have a complete squad for the Championship. More than 25.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Jamie Murphy transfer was definitely on here because I definitely took a few personal blows over it. Although I must admit I brought a lot of them on myself because I didn't answer people's questions but that was because I wasn't familiar with the ''notifications'' system on the site

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Only SSN, Independent, Guardian, Telegraph and Times always have truthful transfer news. BBC simply pass on truthful stuff.

Only do top of the Premiership wild rumours with little or no substance. BBC will publish confirmed transfers when it is already old news.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Since the departure of Sammy et al and the arrival of Mr Winstanley, how many of our actual signings have been featured in a rumours thread ?

I'll start with BZ - any more ?

Think Josh Kerr counts - on HITC which all goes to show that if you blast off a huge number of ruomurs something is likely to hit eventually.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here