Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cheated FFP and clearly now cheat Football Fair play. I haven't seen a game in the last 20 years when a team continued attacking when a player was down injured.

It's the referee's decision. Players are not supposed to kick the ball out, and haven't in the Premier League for several seasons.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just seen highlights, great team goal, then two gifted soft goals.
It's games like this that we have to learn from quickly.
If this was against a top team, we would have been buried.
Roll on Newcastle and a win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Let's not over-analyse this. For 60 minutes we were superb. Disciplined, professional, kept our shape. Fantastic goal. Ibe turned the entire game in two moments. It all changed in an instant, very surreal to watch. That's the harsh reality of the Premier League. Not sure there's much we could have done.

Proud of the boys tonight, deserved at least a point from that.
Pretty much this. Couple of mistakes and sitting a bit too deep perhaps but not too disheartened after that.

Stephens had by far his best game of the season too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just seen highlights, great team goal, then two gifted soft goals.
It's games like this that we have to learn from quickly.
If this was against a top team, we would have been buried.
Roll on Newcastle and a win.

Bit of a worry we lost to two struggling teams away from home. Can't see us picking up to many points away from home.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Please don't let Rosenior near a football pitch again.

He was the wrk link today. Constantly blaming AK when he was the one creating the channel for Daniels with his poor positioning. Then several poor clearances / passes one of which led to the first goal.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Cheated FFP and clearly now cheat Football Fair play. I haven't seen a game in the last 20 years when a team continued attacking when a player was down injured.

If I'm honest, i can't fault them for it. Trying to stop or slow down a game by feigning injury is so widespread (absolutely not saying Gross was) that I agree that the game should be allowed to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's not over-analyse this. For 60 minutes we were superb. Disciplined, professional, kept our shape.
We defended well and did deserve a point, but other teams will realise that our strength is in being organised and defending crosses, and what they need to beat us is a bit of clever movement and a through ball. Then I fear we'll struggle, whilst allowing the opposition so much possession.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hugely frustrating. I hope we give it a real good go this season and don't just 'do a 'Boro,'

Fortune favours the Brave.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
cheated ffp and clearly now cheat football fair play. I haven't seen a game in the last 20 years when a team continued attacking when a player was down injured.

cheats

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We didn't play like that last season.

Looked like a standard away performance by us based on last season. Keep it solid at the back, and try to win games by producing moments of quality with counter attacks. The difference is, in the Premier League, it's harder to defend because of better players, and it's harder to go forward, again due to better players. So obviously, we had less chances and conceded more.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bit of a worry we lost to two struggling teams away from home. Can't see us picking up to many points away from home.

Agreed, but it's what we have to do, get points where we can to guarantee our survival in PL for next season.
Like I said we have to learn quickly. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here