Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's quite interesting reading how Jeremy Corbyn needs to be removed to make Labour electable. Sadly I feel that might be true but I am a core Corbyn supporter. And if they do decide to try and oust him, I would hope he would stand again and win convincingly again.

Part of me however wonders if it is not Corbyn and Labour Party direction that should change. I wonder if it would be the views of some of the electorate that should change. Maybe it will be that we will have a succession of right wing Tory Governments and that forces the Electorate to see what real misery could be heaped upon them and maybe when they get that. Perhaps then that might bring some people to their senses.

I hope that doesn't happen because it would cause many people so much misery and I might be lucky to see another Labour Government in my lifetime and I would never wish times such as the Thatcher years on anyone; however, that might be what it takes to make voters realise that life is difficult and you have to go out and graft if you want life to get better for yourself.

And maybe just maybe they give a true passing thought to the people less able than themselves to do that for themselves. They might just believe also that the right thing to do for those able to help others, actually do help.

This is the sort of arrogant nonsense that got Labour in a mess in the first place: we are right, why don't people believe us? And if they don't believe us, let's go and hide in a corner until they do, because they are stupid and need to be given a lesson so that they will repent and come to us in the end.

Meanwhile the world moves on and they get no-one protecting their interest because the arrogant Labour Party just wants to provide what it thinks they need, and never has the common sense to go and find out and adjust its message and policies to the market it should serve. Immigration is a classic case: it is demonstrably an issue for many Labour voters but is an embarrassment to the PLP so is not even addressed as an issue.

Stumpy Tim

This is the sort of arrogant nonsense that got Labour in a mess in the first place: we are right, why don't people believe us? And if they don't believe us, let's go and hide in a corner until they do, because they are stupid and need to be given a lesson so that they will repent and come to us in the end.

Meanwhile the world moves on and they get no-one protecting their interest because the arrogant Labour Party just wants to provide what it thinks they need, and never has the common sense to go and find out and adjust its message and policies to the market it should serve. Immigration is a classic case: it is demonstrably an issue for many Labour voters but is an embarrassment to the PLP so is not even addressed as an issue.
Well said. Good response to some utter drivel

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
No way will Corbyn survive all these leaks about him deliberately undermining remain. All the new members will turn. Ironic really, if he had come out with his true position, the labour heartlands of the North would have been in sync with him.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am a Corbyn fan in that I think he reflects a left of centre view that many Labour activists expose however this only shows the disconnect with Labours political elite

Corbyn was virtually invisible during the EU debates now that may have been the press or the Labour leadership fault but the fact was he was hardly seen until very late in the

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
What facts are these exactly? The FACT is that the PLP, whose seats will be up for grabs, don't believe they can win - so they're trying to get rid of him. That's the FACT

this is the point. The grass roots/rank and file of the Labour party can support Corbyn as much as they like and frankly i am happy to let them.. Unfortunately for them, it will mean the Labour Party has its most popular leader with its membership but minimal MPs and zero chance of getting into power. Surely the raison d'être of a political party is to get into power to put its policies into action? If Corbyn can't deliver that, then the labour party members have to decide whats more important to them.

Stumpy Tim

this is the point. The grass roots/rank and file of the Labour party can support Corbyn as much as they like and frankly i am happy to let them.. Unfortunately for them, it will mean the Labour Party has its most popular leader with its membership but minimal MPs and zero chance of getting into power. Surely the raison d'être of a political party is to get into power to put its policies into action? If Corbyn can't deliver that, then the labour party members have to decide whats more important to them.

Precisely. My post [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] jumped upon wasn't about Corbyn at all. I suggested that someone who believes the Labour party shouldn't listen & adapt to the electorate is speaking drivel. I stand by that. I would say the same if it was Milliband, Burnham or Micky Mouse in charge.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Indeed, I don't know who these PLP shits think they are..........their lack of commitment to a leader who has overwhelming support from the party membership is absolutely disgusting.

If the traditional working class ever needed confirmation of whether or not the PLP had their interests at heart here it is..........they are in it for themselves and their own aggrandisement.

It's like they think Thursday never happened.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He would scare the Tories to death.

No one stand out candidate but virtually anyone would be better than present incumbent.

Personally right now I'd go for Alan Johnson. Working class background, would keep the unions on board (where was Ken McCluskey et al during the Referendum?, answer: nowhere), and someone who's personality and common sense approach would both appeal but crucially reach out beyond Labour's old support.

yes would be good but he does not want it

2 referendums she hasn't

but she will

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here