Votes: 38 24.1%
  • White and gold

Votes: 120 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so what we have here is a deliberately manipulated image using a light/exposure trick that highlights that some peoples perception of light is different. i'll try photoshop picker myself later, but from the sample on the Indy page, its showing as light blue and gold to black shades of brown, hardly a conclusion to the silliness.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the subject of colours, how many chaps on here find this to be true....

colours.jpg

Many a conversation chez pasty goes something like...

Mrs P: Can you bring me my cerise cardigan down from the wardrobe please
Me: Uuuuummmmmmm
Mrs P: The pink one
Me: Ah, ok.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
White-and-gold-ists - if you start at the bottom of page 1 of this thread and then scroll slowly upwards to the original picture of the dress, does it briefly look blue/black to you before returning to white/gold?

That's happening to me now.
yes, strange.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I don't see why someone seeing it as a different colour annoys people, it's neither, it's actually light blue and golden brown, it's eye science as to how the light is processed in people's eyes so they say.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
When I first saw it, it was 100% white and gold. I then checked the same picture a couple of hours later and there was no way it was anything but blue and black. I was convinced I was looking at a different picture, but apparently not. Now it's white and gold again. Does anyone have any idea why/how this is happening??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No idea, I'm colourblind.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On the subject of colours, how many chaps on here find this to be true....

View attachment 63406

Many a conversation chez pasty goes something like...

Mrs P: Can you bring me my cerise cardigan down from the wardrobe please
Me: Uuuuummmmmmm
Mrs P: The pink one
Me: Ah, ok.

Try it when you're colourblind

View attachment 63409

Attachments

• colours.jpg
    colours.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 228

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the poll is not right!! in our office 10 of us have looked, 8 see blue and black and 2 white and gold (me being one of them)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
has the first imagie changed?

I saw white and gold earlier, the ****er is now a pale blue and black.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This morning it was blue and brown, then I saw it as white and gold, now it's back to blue.

Seriously starting to doubt whether anything is as I believe it to be.

Dec 29, 2011
Hi! me and some other grad students have been discussing this for the last half hour. It's likely due to some kind of colour constancy illusion, where some people are perceiving the context to be something like "lit by blueish daylight" and others are perceiving it to be something like "under yellow department store lights." In the former case, your brain will try and get the objective (if such a thing can be said) colour by subtracting out the blue as a shadow, and in the latter case it will do the same thing for the filigree by subtracting out the yellow as a reflection. This is a common illusion in psych : See here (http://www.echalk.co.uk/amusements/OpticalIllusions/colourPerception/colourPerception.html). but it's not seen that often 'in the wild,' even though your brain does this constantly.

From another website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here