Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] team for cardiff on tuesday night

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I think we should start with a goalkeeper in this one. If we'd done that against Forest we'd have won.

Please could Leon Best be unfit. Got to be a chance after all the running and effort he put in on Saturday. It was announced he'd come on but blowed if I saw him.

Can the team training be aimed towards what appears to be the esoteric for the current Albion - like passing and shooting. Particularly can Mr Greer be given some " how to kick the football " lessons.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Stockdale

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

Ince
Kayal

CMS
Tex
KLL

O'Grady

Subs
Walton
Halford
Holla
JFC
March
Baldock
Best

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Stockdale wont be dropped or benched unless injured. Hes a good keeper takes a lot of flack on here any keeper is only as good as the defence in front him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Walton (or Stockdale)
Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett
Kayal Ince Holla

Teixeira (or Lualua) March (or Forster-Caskey)
Baldock (or Best or O'Grady)

Calderón, Mackail-Smith, Halford = 19​

The ones in bold are definites.

I don't know about the attack.

I would have , ideally, one player wide (paciest*), a second striker (inverted), and a target man who runs off the ball. (*Who is our paciest, sprint speed player? I suspect it is CMS? Lualua for acceleration, not sure about running around off the ball?)

Lualua is a definite starter but only if he is fully fit and I would play him more centrally as the second striker. So Teixeira is the luxury forward player, but he can't tackle back properly. Leon Best will have to do a lot to persuade me he can score goals.

Midfield is pretty strong, I reckon. Key passes is not quite ideal but this may be down to the forwards not running into positions.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Please could Leon Best be unfit. Got to be a chance after all the running and effort he put in on Saturday. It was announced he'd come on but blowed if I saw him.

Admittedly I wasn't at the game, but from the highlights the only thing I saw him do was seemingly try to head Kayal's goal bound header off the line.

Not considering the offside potential if he had touched it, but why was he even trying to head it as it sailed into the net?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
GK- Stockdale
Rb- Calderon
CB Halford
CB dunk
Lb Bennett
Cm Holla
Cm Ince
Cm Kayal
Rf- Baldrick
CF - COG
lF - Kaz

Only change I'd make is if Stephens is fit enough to change to a diamond in midfield and Kaz coming on second half

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
--------------- Stockdale ---------------
-------- Halford ----- Dunk ---------
Calde ----------------------- Bennett
-------- Ince ---Holla--- Kayal -----------
------------ Tex-------JFC----------
--------------- O'Grady ---------------

Assuming JFC is fit, a point is not a bad result and it's important that we get some stability back in the side, a third holding player will provide extra insurance and allow the FB's to do what they do best, get forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
--------------- Stockdale ---------------
-------- Halford ----- Dunk ---------
Calde ----------------------- Bennett
-------- Ince ---Holla--- Kayal -----------
------------ Tex-------JFC----------
--------------- O'Grady ---------------

Assuming JFC is fit, a point is not a bad result and it's important that we get some stability back in the side, a third holding player will provide extra insurance and allow the FB's to do what they do best, get forward.

Am I wrong but isnt the first job of a full back to defend? We need to play tight and I am fed up of saying it KEEP A CLEAN SHEET we then stand a chance of 1 or more points.

When will we see something from Leon Best of the skill and goal scoring ability CH says he has?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not sure we should carry on playing Calderon in midfield ..but who else i don't know ..maybe swap Bruno and him around

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Am I wrong but isnt the first job of a full back to defend? We need to play tight and I am fed up of saying it KEEP A CLEAN SHEET we then stand a chance of 1 or more points.

When will we see something from Leon Best of the skill and goal scoring ability CH says he has?

Remind me how many minutes he has had on the pitch

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Walton
Bruno
Greer ( he was dreadful on Saturday but I'm not sure that Halford-dunk is a better partnership)
Dunk
Bennett
Holla
Ince
Keyal
Tex
Baldock
Lua Lua

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

When he gets longer than 7 minutes

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Stockdale

Bruno
Halford
Dunk
Bennett

Ince
Holla

Lua Lua
Kayal
Tex

Best

I thought COG was poor on Saturday, he hid a lot and didn't show for the ball like he had been doing. He had a couple of passing opportunities that were embarrassingly wasted as well...Best needs to be given the confidence of a full run out before we can make judgement...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I agree with you, but of the four full backs we have, none of them are natural defenders and further forward we have no natural width bar Lua Lua who was poor Saturday. We have an unbalanced squad and for me at least, putting some protection in front of a back four with more holes than a swiss cheese seems the best use of our resources currently.

Best may well be a better option than O'Grady but I thought he did OK with poor service Saturday and his hold up play should help to get us up the pitch.

PS. If we keep a clean sheet we stand more than a chance of getting a point at least! :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Squad News:

Stephen and Halfords are in.

Doubts over March, Baldock and LuaLua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here