Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
That was widely debunked when I pointed out Sami's £3m increase represented at best polarity or more likely a drop in investment.

Ah ok I missed that. I did wonder if I'd need to back up my statement, which is based entirely on 'feeling' :)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Think CH is doing a fantastic job

Best manager for me is Steve Gritt eleven points adrift at the bottom of the football league and staring into oblivion when he came in. Despite the massive poo poo that was going on at the time, he turned it around and we survived. Just thinking of that game at Hereford brings a tear to my eye.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For a fanbase that has enjoyed more than it's fair share of 'x out' protests, we seem to have listed an awful lot of managers as the best ever, other than Semi who's left? :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our best manager hasnt been mentioned by anybody yet and he gained us our first ever promotion I give you Billy Lane followed by Alan Mullery then it is tight between Peter Taylor 1 Gus Poyet and Mickey Adams 1.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Mullery in first place without a shadow of a doubt. The rest is up for debate but nobody could fail to recognise the miracle that Gritt worked to keep us in the league - and probably in existence.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Mullery for me, by a country mile.
C.H. is doing well, but must get Albion over the hurdle of choking/blowing it in the big games.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Mullery also came very close to getting successive promotions from div 3 to div 1- missing out on goal difference in 1977-1978

It has to be said though, he didn't achieve anything of note when he left here, including his 2nd spell here.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One of the most likeable yes, Chris is a top bloke. But best the jury is still out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here