DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The sensible money would be on this rottweiler of the ring

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 14.01.41.png

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Why has Joshua got a weak chin and not Wilder ?
When you get hit by a heavyweight you are in trouble. Both AJ and Wilder came back from big shots in recent fights.
Equally if Joshua lands its game over for Wilder.

That's the beauty of Heavyweights, One punch will normally win you the fight.

Robotic style.... agreed a bit... organised some would say... unlike Wilder who is wide open...

Vlad was organised/robotic.... and he reigned for 10 years...

Joshua was all over the place after getting hit by Whyte who doesn't have loads of power. Joshua's chin is definitely suspect. Do you think he could've taken that many shots Wilder took against Ortiz?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Neither fighter are lineal champions. They never beat a true world champion. Both are paper champions at the moment. . Wilder beat an obese and useless Stiverne for his World Title and AJ beat Charles crack head Martin for his. Both terrible/easy fights.

IMO, both fighters have only been tested once so far. AJ was nearly KO'd by a shot Klitschko who was previously humiliated by a one sided affair against Fury. Same for Wilder, he could easily have lost to grandad Ortiz. Both showed huge weaknesses in their only half decent tests.

This is both fighters 1st true test of their ability, but I wouldn't call this the biggest fight in the last 10 years.

Because of the politics in boxing and the different sanctioning bodies Lineal champions are very rare particularly in the heavyweight division. There is no doubt that both Wilder and Joshua are the two best heavyweights out there and they are fighting to unify the belts so its a massive fight as its such a rare occurrence.

Not their fault that Fury beat the champion before Joshua got his hands on him and then spent close to 3 years out of the ring with depression. As far as I am concerned Fury is a drug cheat which casts a massive shadow over his performance against Vlad in any case.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As far as I am concerned Fury is a drug cheat which casts a massive shadow over his performance against Vlad in any case.

They're all drug cheats in boxing. In the heavyweight division alone, off the top of my head, Lucas Browne, Dillan Whyte, Shannon Briggs, Tyson Fury, Luis Ortiz and Povetkin have all failed drug tests and are still active fighters.

AJ looks like a walking steroid

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Joshua was all over the place after getting hit by Whyte who doesn't have loads of power. Joshua's chin is definitely suspect. Do you think he could've taken that many shots Wilder took against Ortiz?

All I am saying is he has been wobbled a couple of times and has come back to win well, both have, so to dismiss one as chinny and not the other is unfair.

First person to land a big punch will generally win.

I would shade towards Joshua on home patch and better organised defence.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Wilder by KO. Wilder proved against Ortiz that he has a granite chin. He'll wait for that leathal killer punch he has. If he lands game over for AJ and his weak chin.

Exciting fight. Wilder's weird unorthodox style will cause AJ's robotic boxing all sorts of problems.

Got to agree. His style reminds me of Bruno, limited. Both remind me of the 70's 'Knockout' toy. A must to go along with your Raleigh Chopper. :thumbsup:

download.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
They're all drug cheats in boxing. In the heavyweight division alone, off the top of my head, Lucas Browne, Dillan Whyte, Shannon Briggs, Tyson Fury, Luis Ortiz and Povetkin have all failed drug tests and are still active fighters.

Because he's in shape.. unlike the others you mentioned ?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Well the guys that you have listed prove that you can't tell if someone is a drug user simply by looking at them!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So the out of shape thing you mentioned is irrelevant?

Edit: My apologies, it was Marshy who mentioned PED's not being used by AJ because he's not out of shape.

I didn't suggest anything. You suggested AJ was a cheat as he looks like a walking steroid, I only said and that because he is shape ?

Ofcourse shape is irrelevant as too if someone is taking steroids.

If he has not tested positive then I would say he is clean.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I didn't suggest anything. You suggested AJ was a cheat as he looks like a walking steroid, I only said and that because he is shape ?

Ofcourse shape is irrelevant as too if someone is taking steroids.

If he has not tested positive then I would say he is clean.

Didn't you say Fury was a drugs cheat? Wasn't he cleared?

Bottom line is we can only know for sure if someone is a user if they test positive, its unfair to be labelling someone as a drugs cheat just because of the way that they look.

So what's your view on Fury eating uncastrated wild boar meat?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Didn't you say Fury was a drugs cheat? Wasn't he cleared?

So what's your view on Fury eating uncastrated wild boar meat?

No, you listed fury as a drugs cheat I didn't. And he was banned for it I thought ? so yes he is.

how else is the comment Joshua looks like a walking steroid supposed to be interpreted when you mention drug cheats ?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No, you listed fury as a drugs cheat I didn't. And he was banned for it I thought ? so yes he is.

how else is the comment Joshua looks like a walking steroid supposed to be interpreted when you mention drug cheats ?

I'm confused by his ban? Tyson and Hughie Fury both were found positive for PED use. Why wasn't Hughie banned? They both eat the same 'meat'?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
no idea to be honest, both bans might have been lifted... but they are responsible for what they eat. Accident or not.

canelo also claimed it was meat...like the Furys

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here