Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not only that, but returning to looking a bloody good side again where picking up another point or so really doesn’t look beyond us at all. We can go to Turf Moor with a spring in our step.

This - is why I felt last night's point was so huge. We shouldn't fear our remaining fixtures now, and know that we CAN get results against the big teams.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Not only that, but returning to looking a bloody good side again where picking up another point or so really doesn’t look beyond us at all. We can go to Turf Moor with a spring in our step.

plus Burnley play TWICE before we go there, chances of injuries,suspensions etc for them and a 9 day rest for our boys

we can win there - we are due to win there - or Kayal to stamp on a midfielder, win a free kick and draw the game 2-2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you saying we have no 'must win' or 'must draw' games left? :moo:
Yes - I reckon we were safe on 34 points, so 36 is already over the threshold.
If we lose our remaining 4 games, will we stay up? - Probably. But not definitely.

Not so sure, could be Wenger's last game and they'd want to give him a send off you'd think.
I had been (wishfully) thinking that, but the old ****er might stay on yet.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Undoubtedly, Stoke and Southampton have a lot of work to do but Oldham 1993 is in the back of the mind. 8 points adrift with 3 games to go, first against title chasing Villa (how times change!) and they pulled it off. Once in a 100 occurrence but it is possible. I wanted to give Conte a hug on Saturday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm going through each game, predicting the results.
I can't see Stoke getting the 9 points they need to pass us.
Swansea should get enough, and Huddersfield could do it at home to Everton, or with 2 draws.

It's (nearly) all about Southampton. They need 2 wins and 2 draws, or 3 wins. That's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, but then I've not taken into account just how bad they've been. We have to go back to November since they won a league game that wasn't against WB. How did they go from a decent team to being so shit?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'm going through each game, predicting the results.
I can't see Stoke getting the 9 points they need to pass us.
Swansea should get enough, and Huddersfield could do it at home to Everton, or with 2 draws.

It's (nearly) all about Southampton. They need 2 wins and 2 draws, or 3 wins. That's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, but then I've not taken into account just how bad they've been. We have to go back to November since they won a league game that wasn't against WB. How did they go from a decent team to being so shit?
They seem to have constantly sold their best players and I guess it’s caught up with them now.
Lessons I hope we’ll heed

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I assume Shaqiri and Bertrand will go to the big 7 but of the rest I'd be interested in Gibbs, Redmond, Tadic, Rondon and Austin.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here