Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why, are you some expert in psychoanalysis as well as world finance, politics and corporate dining?

:rollseyes: I’m no expert, hence I asked a question. I’ll ask again, why did you feel the need to add that sentence?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genius.

One thing though, do you not feel the need to add 'rolls eyes' may be construed to the more ignorant as slightly patronising?

The rollseyes was intended to be patronising. So, why did you add that sentence?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I bet there will be lots of scaremongering today about getting settled status. If you go on the government website it clearly explains what you have to do, however what people will do instead is be drawn to the rubbish posted online by people who can't except the result in the first place. I'm going to have to do this for my mum at some point.

Yes, scaremongering.

Over recent years the U.K. Govt has been able to manage millions of new NI numbers to overseas nationals, enabling them to access the labour market and the benefits system.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...overseas-nationals-september-2018-summary.pdf

If they can do this, an extra form on settled status will present no problem.

D

Deleted member 22389

:rollseyes: I’m no expert, hence I asked a question. I’ll ask again, why did you feel the need to add that sentence?

Just out of interest, what is the German government doing as regards your status, and what are the requirements.

D

Deleted member 22389

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Simply to do you justice really. I might well be talking to a clued up business guru and should pay due respect, rather than the trying too hard, less informed person you come across as.

For the record, in my experience, people who allude to things in this way typically do it to make themselves seem more interesting and/or successful than they actually are. Otherwise why say it?

I’ll leave you to it. Have a nice day.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
I bet there will be lots of scaremongering today about getting settled status. If you go on the government website it clearly explains what you have to do, however what people will do instead is be drawn to the rubbish posted online by people who can't except the result in the first place. I'm going to have to do this for my mum at some point.

'accept'.... corrected for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just out of interest, what is the German government doing as regards your status, and what are the requirements.

I have had to tell them I was to stay; so they don’t waste time processing people who are leaving. Just had to give them my name, address and tick a box which says if I’ve lived here for 5 years or more. That’s it, they’ll do the rest.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I have had to tell them I was to stay; so they don’t waste time processing people who are leaving. Just had to give them my name, address and tick a box which says if I’ve lived here for 5 years or more. That’s it, they’ll do the rest.

Alas, I have had nothing similar from the Spanish government. In fact I’ve had no information whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 22389

Same as here then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alas, I have had nothing similar from the Spanish government. In fact I’ve had no information whatsoever.

Sorry to hear this. Must we worrying?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes you can thank the German government for that, our own government have been very little for British citizens residing in Europe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same as here then.

No. It’s not. I do not have to prove I live in Germany. The U.K. settled status puts the onus on the individual to prove they live in the U.K. This is quite different. I’m sure 90% can prove residence easily but there will many who, for legitimate reasons, are not in the system..... and the U.K. Home Office has an appalling track with people like this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here