Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Favourite US City / Town

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Nashville - Andrew Jackson's home in Nashville, The Hermitage. Vanderbilt University and the riverboat on the Cumberland River, The General Jackson.

We stayed at the Hermitage, wonderful hotel and a great location for Broadway and the main sights.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hold on; Great Smoky Mountains National Park is about 90 miles from Greenville, which, you'll agree, is not thought of as a great distance by Americans. Yes, the range is all part of the Appalachians, and the Smokies are part of the Blue Ridge Mountains which comprises a large part of the southern Appalachian chain. However, folks down there routinely refer to the mountains that lie to the West as the Smokies. Actually, Greenville borders the Piedmont area and, as I'm sure you know, locals also call the area "upcountry". So you can simultaneously be in the Appalachians, the Blue Ridge and the Smokies. I would argue that I'm not that mixed up, at least on this subject!

Good explanation, never heard them called the Smoky's when I was there, just the Blue Ridge or Appalachians. My bad.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
In no particular order:

Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Yosemite, California
Olympic Peninsula, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Chicago: great view of Lake Michigan and some delicious food in Cicero. Like many Midwest cities just avoid in the Winter as it can be unbearably freezing. Chicago deep dish pizza is overrated. Detroit style is vastly superior.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Chicago: great view of Lake Michigan and some delicious food in Cicero. Like many Midwest cities just avoid in the Winter as it can be unbearably freezing. Chicago deep dish pizza is overrated. Detroit style is vastly superior.

I know that the selection of favourite pizza is very subjective but the proliferation of Chicago style deep dish pizza as compared to Detroit square deep dish style makes the general US population lean heavily towards Chicago style. There is one pizza chain that uses the Detroit square style while there are approximately 20 that use the Chicago style. I could list them but you would be bored.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I know that the selection of favourite pizza is very subjective but the proliferation of Chicago style deep dish pizza as compared to Detroit square deep dish style makes the general US population lean heavily towards Chicago style. There is one pizza chain that uses the Detroit square style while there are approximately 20 that use the Chicago style. I could list them but you would be bored.

1) doesn’t mean they are right.

2) list ahead.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1) doesn’t mean they are right.

2) list ahead.

I agree that it is subjective meaning no one is correct, everybody has their own favourite.

Pizzeria Uno
Pizzeria Duo
Lou Malnati's
Pizano's Pizza
Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder
Gino's East
Giordano's
Aurelio's
Donato's Pizza
Mazzio's
Noble Romans
Old Chicago
Patxi's Chicago Pizza
Sarpino's Pizzeria
Uno Chicago
East of Chicago Pizza
Monical's Pizza

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Denver, Colorado
Aspen, Colorado
Didn't really like Houston
Philli is a big city and I actually liked it in a strange way.
Fort Lauderdale is a fab place.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I agree that it is subjective meaning no one is correct, everybody has their own favourite.

Pizzeria Uno
Pizzeria Duo
Lou Malnati's
Pizano's Pizza
Gino's East
Giordano's
Aurelio's
Donato's Pizza
Mazzio's
Noble Romans
Old Chicago
Patxi's Chicago Pizza
Sarpino's Pizzeria
Uno Chicago
East of Chicago Pizza
Monical's Pizza

Gonna grab me self a Patxi’s Chicago Pizza when in SF in April.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Pizzeria Uno
Pizzeria Duo
Lou Malnati's
Pizano's Pizza
Gino's East
Giordano's
Aurelio's
Donato's Pizza
Mazzio's
Noble Romans
Old Chicago
Patxi's Chicago Pizza
Sarpino's Pizzeria
Uno Chicago
East of Chicago Pizza
Monical's Pizza

Anyone who knows that much about pizza must lead an extremely unhealthy lifestyle!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Boston.

I had an epic epic time there after being snowed in on a medical repatriation job.

Screwed the airport bus driver...she was a black Dolly Parton...then worked my way through a different bird every night purely on the grounds of being a Brit with Irish family.

Phoenix. That was a great city too.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I prefer small town USA
Key West
Sedona (with the famous slide rocks)
Palm Springs with the cable car up to what could be another world with the Indian village Idyllwild
Sanybell Island with its beautiful beaches
Lake Tahoe
Clearwater
I also loved having a three day chill out in Yuma

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here