Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't there a similar situation last year, when the Albion had to choose what allocation of seats they wanted at Manure? I am not totally sure but think that had we gone for the upper allocation and then not sold them, we would have been billed anyway. Is this why clubs open up certain sections only initially, so as to sell that lot first and then move down, so to speak, rather than hand over an entire area, only for it to be possibly half-filled, and lose revenue, as they cannot then sell to home fans? Perhaps someone who genuinely knows can help.

Definitely the case in the prem. Previously detailed by PB in one of his lengthy missives shared on here.
Definitely not quite the same for cups though.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And has the added advantage of p1ssing off regulars... yes, it's a definite winner! ;-)

I'm a regular, and not p1ssed off. So, I have to sit in another part of the ground. Don't you and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] welcome the chance of a different view? It's just a bit of change. It's still easy to buy a ticket, and using 'Friends & Family' you can still sit with the people you want to. Where's the fire?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm a regular, and not p1ssed off. So, I have to sit in another part of the ground. Don't you and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] welcome the chance of a different view? It's just a bit of change. It's still easy to buy a ticket, and using 'Friends & Family' you can still sit with the people you want to. Where's the fire?

Actually, I am in a different part of the ground and there is something to be said for trying out other areas, I fully accept. But the fact remains that I, like( I am sure) thousands of other fans would have preferred to have been given the choice. It is not just the seat itself, but the good view and the chance to chat with people whom I have known at the Albion for years. That has been unnecessarily thrown into confusion.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm mainly following this thread because a Portsmouth #**** friend believed they would have a bigger attendance. I took the bet before the very reasonable pricing was announced. Now wish we'd done it as a spread.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Actually, I am in a different part of the ground and there is something to be said for trying out other areas, I fully accept. But the fact remains that I, like( I am sure) thousands of other fans would have preferred to have been given the choice. It is not just the seat itself, but the good view and the chance to chat with people whom I have known at the Albion for years. That has been unnecessarily thrown into confusion.

there is no confusion at all,the club said they would sell tickets like this,have used exactly the same system before, so its not even different to previous cup games, so why are you confused. If you are that "friendly" with the people you see every game you will be able to chat with them outside the confines of a match and buy seats together anyway-if not then you can chat with them next game. No confusion here- just people deliberately finding fault with a system that is offering people plenty of opportunity to see a game at a very reasonable price

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm fumming.

I sit with people I go to the pub with, I'll have been in the pub (and the train) with them for two hours before the game, and will probably meet them after, and will be sitting next to them the following two Saturdays against Watford and Burnley, but this is an OUTRAGE as for 90 minutes we will be apart.

Why can't the team have done the decent thing and lost at Bournemouth and none of this SHAMBLES would have arisen.

#BarberOut

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
there is no confusion at all,the club said they would sell tickets like this,have used exactly the same system before, so its not even different to previous cup games, so why are you confused. If you are that "friendly" with the people you see every game you will be able to chat with them outside the confines of a match and buy seats together anyway-if not then you can chat with them next game. No confusion here- just people deliberately finding fault with a system that is offering people plenty of opportunity to see a game at a very reasonable price

Not sure if I expressed myself badly or you have misunderstood. Of course it is the same as last year and for other cup games, and I was fully expecting that the lower tiers only would initially be opened, though it was entirely predictable that the upper tiers would also be needed. And yes ,of course I can chat with fans who sit near me at the next match -here you are being rather pedantic. But I would have preferred to sit with those with whom I have a rapport rather than strangers in another area - it is not the end of the world, admittedly, but perfectly normal that you would want the best possible matchday experience, to quote the jargon.What I meant about confusion is that some fans will have bought in areas, which they might not have wanted, but chose not to risk the club refusing to open the upper tiers, whereas others will have kept their nerve and waited until they had a chance to get their seat, and you would not necessarily know what your mates have opted for. Some fans have said on this thread that they did indeed wait for ESU and then were too late for their own seat.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Yes, you are right about the cost of opening the whole ground, but in reality did you or indeed anyone think that only the lower tiers would be needed, given that the fans mojo at present must be quite high? At least ESU or WSU could have been opened immediately, thus keeping regular fans happy, who would not have been messed about, wondering what to do to get their normal seat.

Can't please everybody though, had they opened the EU. it would have pi..ed off the WU st. holders and vise versa.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I waited for ESU to open, and will be sitting with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] in row 2. We are normally in WSU block H I am really looking forward to the change of view and can't understand how, for cup games, people have a problem in not being able to secure 'their' seat.

No way was I going to buy in the lower tiers, though.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure if I expressed myself badly or you have misunderstood. Of course it is the same as last year and for other cup games, and I was fully expecting that the lower tiers only would initially be opened, though it was entirely predictable that the upper tiers would also be needed. And yes ,of course I can chat with fans who sit near me at the next match -here you are being rather pedantic. But I would have preferred to sit with those with whom I have a rapport rather than strangers in another area - it is not the end of the world, admittedly, but perfectly normal that you would want the best possible matchday experience, to quote the jargon.What I meant about confusion is that some fans will have bought in areas, which they might not have wanted, but chose not to risk the club refusing to open the upper tiers, whereas others will have kept their nerve and waited until they had a chance to get their seat, and you would not necessarily know what your mates have opted for. Some fans have said on this thread that they did indeed wait for ESU and then were too late for their own seat.

Open your mind to a new seat, view and neighbours. It’s only 2 hours.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm fumming.

I sit with people I go to the pub with, I'll have been in the pub (and the train) with them for two hours before the game, and will probably meet them after, and will be sitting next to them the following two Saturdays against Watford and Burnley, but this is an OUTRAGE as for 90 minutes we will be apart.

Why can't the team have done the decent thing and lost at Bournemouth and none of this SHAMBLES would have arisen.

#BarberOut

Indeed and fancy them scheduling it at the absurd time of 3pm on a Saturday afternoon!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Normally sit in NW corner. Love my seat and the people that sit around me but I'm really looking forward to ESU or God forbid WSU (the binfest on here). When I finally find out how many of my friends want tickets to this (very) cheap afternoon out then I will buy and look forward to a very different view of the game. hashtagenjoyingbuyingdifferentseats.

The club have actually done a better job this time around that last year IMO.

Last year they waited until virtually EVERY lower tier ticket had sold. Even today, with the ESU being open 24h there are still 250 tickets for people to chose from in the lower tiers.

This is important as there will be people who decide to go to the game between today and kick off who may have some mobility issues that nake an upper tier ticket tricky or impossible, so kudos they didn’t leave it that late.

With that said, it was clear well before Wednesday the lower tiers would sell out, so it could have been opened even sooner, as it is now clear the ESU will also sell out, so why not get at least some of the WSU open now?

At this time there are less than 1000 seats in the ESU to less than 1500 currently on sale all told.

There is still a potential for a number of other seats to be released in addition the the WSU as well.

E3H and The Shelf have not been opened, nor has the southern half of W1A. Combine I think there are around 800 seats here although if West Brom do sell all their 4300 then some of W1A would be the sterile area. Conversly, if they fall short of selling out them it would open up the option of making the SW corner available to home fans.

The Baggies sale order is blocks S1B to S1I.

It will be interesting to see what blocks are released next. I think this time tomorrow we will know and I predicit the next move will be the release of W3D and W3F

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Open your mind to a new seat, view and neighbours. It’s only 2 hours.

As I said, it is not the end of the world. Suppose you were looking forward t, say, a works xmas function, and being with your mates, only to find that you were allocated a table with folk you didn't know. Would you take the view that you are telling me to do? I think we both know the answer to that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The club have actually done a better job this time around that last year IMO.

Last year they waited until virtually EVERY lower tier ticket had sold. Even today, with the ESU being open 24h there are still 250 tickets for people to chose from in the lower tiers.

This is important as there will be people who decide to go to the game between today and kick off who may have some mobility issues that nake an upper tier ticket tricky or impossible, so kudos they didn’t leave it that late.

With that said, it was clear well before Wednesday the lower tiers would sell out, so it could have been opened even sooner, as it is now clear the ESU will also sell out, so why not get at least some of the WSU open now?

At this time there are less than 1000 seats in the ESU to less than 1500 currently on sale all told.

There is still a potential for a number of other seats to be released in addition the the WSU as well.

E3H and The Shelf have not been opened, nor has the southern half of W1A. Combine I think there are around 800 seats here although if West Brom do sell all their 4300 then some of W1A would be the sterile area. Conversly, if they fall short of selling out them it would open up the option of making the SW corner available to home fans.

The Baggies sale order is blocks S1B to S1I.

It will be interesting to see what blocks are released next. I think this time tomorrow we will know and I predicit the next move will be the release of W3D and W3F

Let's hope for a bumper crowd and atmosphere to get us to round 5 - winning can be infectious, and we have a much better squad now, assuming that the whole squad will be used for this match.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

You may meet new friends :kiss:

Then again, you may be sat next to [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here