Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm disagree. Most likely source of a goal will be set pieces, corners etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fast breaking counter attack has to be the second most likely source.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Don’t want to put a negative spin on today but cannot begin to see us getting anything from the game . Wouldn’t be surprised if a hiding was dished out.

Hope I’m completely wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
unfortunately I shall be missing my first home game for many years as I am in bed unwell but m I am hoping I.may be able to get it it on a stream on laptop. and hopefully see us pick up a point.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Murray is played up front on his own we will be giving them 10 yards from the whistle and an open invitation for an 'Alamo' re-enactment. Andone please Chris.

Andone is the braver choice, Murray would be missed at the Liverpool set pieces.

_93779919_murray-2.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
unfortunately I shall be missing my first home game for many years as I am in bed unwell but m I am hoping I.may be able to get it it on a stream on laptop. and hopefully see us pick up a point.

Snreezing lurgy lasts five days, I would have missed out last week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It feels like a bit of a shot to nothing today, no one (outside of us lot) expects us to win but I must admit I’m feeling optimistic. We’re pretty good at home, if nothing else we should give them a good game. I just hope the players are allowed to be bold and go for them rather than the passive defensive style we sometimes adopt against the team’s higher up the league.

My message to the lads would be “go for it”.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Today we are playing possibly the finest team in the land. Let's keep this in mind before slagging off our players for the slightest mistake. If the odd pass is mislaid, do not let this make us cry out in despair. I often get annoyed when I hear a groan from the crowd before realising it was just the same slight urghh or ahhh that I'd made myself X 30,000. Today we must try and curb this. 100% encouragement. When we went 1-0 down so early to Arsenal and 2-0 to Chelsea, I was guilty of saying 'Well, that's that then', but luckily this team showed more fight and belief than I did, not to mention class and ability in abundance. It's not really the perfectly natural odd moan and groan that I'm on about, but the idiots that scream bollocks at our players without taking into account the quality of opposition. This is possibly the greatest Albion team ever and in this squad we don't have a single player that wouldn't run through a brick wall for the team. So let's keep positive, if we go 1 or 2 down let's keep showing our appreciation of this great football club, which to be fair most of us do already, and who knows what could happen today. (If it gets to 0-3 then of course I'll be f***ing off home with the rest of you [emoji38]ol:)
Can we agree that the exception will be silly free kicks given away at the edge of our penalty area. Permission to swear at this please.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If Murray is played up front on his own we will be giving them 10 yards from the whistle and an open invitation for an 'Alamo' re-enactment. Andone please Chris.

Agree with this and others who said the same. If we start Murray it will mean 70 minutes of deep defending and brown trousers, then bring on the quick fellas for the last 20 once the Scousers have forgotten they're in a football match and dropped their guard.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Andone should be setting the tone for this game. Snappy, aggressive, harrying and bothering - along with Bissouma. I'd like to see Knocky start and do the same. Shame Bernardo isn't starting.

Right . Coat on, boots on, I'm off to Falmer to see a game of football! UTA :albion2:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Get well soon BG. Commentary from Radio 5 Live or BBC radio local if you have no joy with the stream.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Can we agree that the exception will be silly free kicks given away at the edge of our penalty area. Permission to swear at this please.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

The free-kicks can be met along the lines of 'Oh dear, never mind, chin up chaps.' Swearing, on the other hand, is of course compulsory but only at the opposition's and the referee's expense.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Get well soon

PM'd you a link that should have a good stream

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here