Fulham should be a combo

sh.jpg
shortsfront_540x540_w.jpg
homesocks1819_540x540_w.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really don't think that the players have much choice over which away kit we are going to use. Much more down to any potential agreement we may have with the supplier etc.

I suspect the opposite to be honest. If the players have said that the green is hard to pick against the pitch when you're talking about the corner of your eye sight, then if CH has said we don't wear the green again, then we don't wear the green. Reminds me of Sir Alex and that grey kit they changed at HT once.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I really don't think that the players have much choice over which away kit we are going to use. Much more down to any potential agreement we may have with the supplier etc.

It would be interesting to know if there are obligations to wear a kit a certain number of times. However, If the players have made it known that they find it harder to pick each other out when wearing green, I am sure those views would be taken into account.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The green kit whether you like it or not will be used as long as it does not clash with the home team colours ..... I believe this now means we will revert to yellow whenever the home kit includes white shorts as like against West Ham .... much like the 4th official wont allow subs on if their socks show the same colour as the other team (hints of white for instance when other team wears white socks) ... the officials & FA obviously being over sensitive to mistakes and want to clearly see one teams players differently from the others

We could probably have worn our home kit with blue shorts last night.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whoever thought plain green was a good idea for a team kit, needs to run up and down the sidelines trying to pick out a crossfield pass to someone running on green grass!

At least the green and black stripes of 2010/11 stood out. Players need to have peripheral vision to be able to see their teammates.
It was also bad for those with colour blindness (not me, but have seen posts from those who are)

Thought the green and black was great.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The green kit whether you like it or not will be used as long as it does not clash with the home team colours ..... I believe this now means we will revert to yellow whenever the home kit includes white shorts as like against West Ham .... much like the 4th official wont allow subs on if their socks show the same colour as the other team (hints of white for instance when other team wears white socks) ... the officials & FA obviously being over sensitive to mistakes and want to clearly see one teams players differently from the others

The Premier League does not prohibit home and away teams wearing the same colour shorts - only shirts and socks.

everton.jpg

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The Premier League does not prohibit home and away teams wearing the same colour shorts - only shirts and socks.

I have no idea of official rules so sorry if misleading , think the refs have a say and can make a team change if he/she is concerned by clashes but dont know if FA have any guidelines/input before each individual game.

May well have been Albions choice based on players opinion (maybe they struggle to see the green against the grass) but I have noticed officials being 'jobs worths particularly with players socks during substitutions recently and think that is extended to kit choice.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Not so sure myself. If the players have raised genuine concerns that they struggle to pick each other out in the kit you really think that’s just going to be ignored?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The green kit is really poor. Looks like a cheap pub team kit. Whoever came up with this one at the club or Nike needs a lesson in fashion and economics. Get a kit looking good and you will shift loads. I think the green kit will be heavily reduced to shift the lot at the end of the season. The dark blue training kit is the best of the lot in terms of possible away kits!

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The green kit is really poor. Looks like a cheap pub team kit. Whoever came up with this one at the club or Nike needs a lesson in fashion and economics. Get a kit looking good and you will shift loads. I think the green kit will be heavily reduced to shift the lot at the end of the season. The bark blue training kit is the best of the lot in terms of possible away kits!

I think it looks ruff.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have no idea of official rules so sorry if misleading , think the refs have a say and can make a team change if he/she is concerned by clashes but dont know if FA have any guidelines/input before each individual game.

May well have been Albions choice based on players opinion (maybe they struggle to see the green against the grass) but I have noticed officials being 'jobs worths particularly with players socks during substitutions recently and think that is extended to kit choice.

The Premier League has specific rules around clashes. It announces colours a day or two before fixtures, presumably after each ref has checked.

Rules on when clubs are 'allowed' to use 2nd and 3rd kits have been relaxed, which confuses many.

The FA has zero input. Premier League is independent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The green kit is really poor. Looks like a cheap pub team kit. Whoever came up with this one at the club or Nike needs a lesson in fashion and economics. Get a kit looking good and you will shift loads. I think the green kit will be heavily reduced to shift the lot at the end of the season. The bark blue training kit is the best of the lot in terms of possible away kits!

Based on past few years, it will become our third shirt choice for the season.

I'd rather the club cut its losses, and sold it off cheap in next few months. Then introduce a modern 2nd kit (for the kids) and a classic 3rd kit (for the old school).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Could it be the reason that we change away kit is dependent on how much stock the shop has and which one they want to shift. it is a proven fact that Plain Red is the easiest kit to see as we will see against Liverpool if they wear their first kit which their no reason not to.

No.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our home kit used to be the stripes, blue shorts and socks, why can't we do that when playing away v the likes of WHU instead of fannying about with away kits?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here