Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Overall very flat.

God you're boring.

First half started well but went pretty quiet - the game was very dull though, absolutely nothing to excite the crowd. Second half was great - the game woke up and so did the crowd.

As for the Everton fans, imo pretty much the worst away fans at the Amex for noise considering numbers. Thought the same last season, too. One chant of 'Everton' sung 5/6 times over the 90 mins. Shyte

Hang on I think we need to call Spence out on this one.

Spence, did you actually go today or watch a stream? By your own admission you don't go to many games.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on I think we need to call Spence out on this one.

Spence, did you actually go today or watch a stream? By your own admission you don't go to many games.

I see you have posted on another thread MOTD since I posted this Spence.

You didn't go did you?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No i don't ever go :rock:

We know that. Some of us sussed you ages ago.

Keep on criticising. Even Das was allowed into a couple of games.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Agreed, although in the train queue all seemed decent football fans. Nothing condescending and actually seemed more annoyed by their own team performance rather than anything else

I know it's a bit naff to come on here and give the opposition fans a pat on the back, but both before and after the game speaking to Everton fans on the train, they just sounded like genuine, knowledgeable, less 'up their own arses' fans that we sometimes get down here from the bigger clubs......but their in-ground support was DREADFUL for the numbers they had.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
So do you wait till half time ? The dicks around me seem more interested in the beer than the game leaving on 38 mins and getting back on 50 mins.

No not at all what i mean is the atmosphere seems livelier in the second half after everyone had a top up pint . If poeple decide to beat the crowd early on 38 mins or whatever thats there problem if they miss out on the action .

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Flat at points, buzzing at others.

Best and worst of the north stand in one game IMO.

Why is it always us that gets focused on? If the rest of the stadium even pulled 50% of their weight, we'd always have a noisy stadium.

Still, it didn't help that Everton have the worst set of fans I've ever witnessed. Home and away they've been an embarrassment this season, they really have.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I know it's a bit naff to come on here and give the opposition fans a pat on the back, but both before and after the game speaking to Everton fans on the train, they just sounded like genuine, knowledgeable, less 'up their own arses' fans that we sometimes get down here from the bigger clubs......but their in-ground support was DREADFUL for the numbers they had.

As it was away too. What is the point in being an Everton fan?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why is it always us that gets focused on? If the rest of the stadium even pulled 50% of their weight, we'd always have a noisy stadium.

Still, it didn't help that Everton have the worst set of fans I've ever witnessed. Home and away they've been an embarrassment this season, they really have.

Do they have ANY songs for any of their players?? Didn't hear any last season or this. Surprises me that they're so bad though what with the size of the club etc. Especially away from home where you usually have a large chunk who sing constantly no matter what's going on on the pitch, as we and many other sets of fans do away .

However as a few others have said, I agree that they do seem decent, genuine fans overall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seen a couple of posts suggesting that the first half was a bit dull. Not for me. I loved the whole game, thought we played well and Everton had me worried when they attacked at pace moving the ball quickly and accurately. I thought the atmosphere was very good at times in what to me was an interesting and enjoyable game. Richarlison, although a diver looked a very dangerous player to me and his weaving in the box had my heart in my mouth.

We looked Premier League and have improved massively as a team to watch in the last month or so.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seen a couple of posts suggesting that the first half was a bit dull. Not for me. I loved the whole game, thought we played well and Everton had me worried when they attacked at pace moving the ball quickly and accurately. I thought the atmosphere was very good at times in what to me was an interesting and enjoyable game. Richarlison, although a diver looked a very dangerous player to me and his weaving in the box had my heart in my mouth.

We looked Premier League and have improved massively as a team to watch in the last month or so.

You’ll get poster of the year at this rate! :D

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I may have been guilty of that. I guess I mean that after a bright start, as the half wore on we cancelled each other out a bit and both struggled to get shots away. All changed second half though!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Spot on. If you couldn't enjoy the game yesterday you're never going to enjoy football!

Even when the atmosphere was a bit quieter it was because people were on edge rather than bored.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Agree with all the above

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Do they have ANY songs for any of their players?? Didn't hear any last season or this. Surprises me that they're so bad though what with the size of the club etc. Especially away from home where you usually have a large chunk who sing constantly no matter what's going on on the pitch, as we and many other sets of fans do away .

However as a few others have said, I agree that they do seem decent, genuine fans overall.

Yerry Mina has many songs
One of them re a vacuum cleaner is deemed to be racist by some plonkers out there

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Very flat all over the shop yesterday.

Away fans were silent, and there were periods where the whole stadium was morguelike.

One or two noisy spells, otherwise not one of the liveliest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Richarlison-Dead-(oh no he's not)-Gate was the catalyst in waking the crowd up, I thought, as well as giving the game some needle. It seemed to work for us as we were by far the better team immediately following that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here