Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not a fan of same sex marriages and certainly not of same sex couples adopting. Everyone will be judged at the end. If God feels that it's a sin, then those sinners will burn in Hell.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I like this board and I think that noting how intolerant and nasty it has become is worth doing, maybe some will realize that what I am saying is true, and think about what kind of a place they want this to be. Then again, maybe not. Doesn't affect me anymore, I'm closing my account.

Debating with people who disagree with you is good. I think that's healthy and I enjoy it.

Calling someone racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted because they don't share your opinion is nasty, and to be honest I don't want to be called those things anymore.

Goodbye NSC.

:flounce:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I like this board and I think that noting how intolerant and nasty it has become is worth doing, maybe some will realize that what I am saying is true, and think about what kind of a place they want this to be. Then again, maybe not. Doesn't affect me anymore, I'm closing my account.

Debating with people who disagree with you is good. I think that's healthy and I enjoy it.

Calling someone racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted because they don't share your opinion is nasty, and to be honest I don't want to be called those things anymore.

Goodbye NSC.

This board used to be a lot nastier believe me. It is well moderated, and you can always report a post you think steps over the line.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They can't?

Yet they are.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that opinions like the OP's still exist. Unfortunately NSC has become something of a hothouse for outdated, right wing, racist, homophobic views over the last year. A trend that has accelerated over the last year with the emboldening of people who hold these views.
Luckily there are enough threads such as film, restaurant, proper football threads and stuff like Bellchesses at work to make NSC a nice place to visit.
It's my opinion that while a joke is a joke and we need a rich tapestry of opinions to keep the board interesting , Bozza does himself a disservice by providing a forum for racist and homophobic behaviour.
Some of the views expressed on here would get you prosecuted if said in public. Not necessarily this thread, the OP and his backward sympathisers may be abhorrent, but unlikely to be illegal.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They can though. These two people have multiple avenues open to them for having a baby.

'They' cannot conceive a child together, end of discussion. They can involve another person, or adopt. Or is this a bit too right wing for you?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This all so over the top. Mostly by people replying with abuse to original poster. Why cant they have an opinion that gays shouldnt adopt.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
'They' cannot conceive a child together, end of discussion. They can involve another person, or adopt. Or is this a bit too right wing for you?

Correct, they physically cannot conceive. They can have a baby through adoption or surrogacy or fostering or kidnapping, though I think that last one is frowned upon.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Goodbye NSC.

Oh top flouncing there snowfalke

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bozza does himself a disservice by providing a forum for racist and homophobic behaviour.
Some of the views expressed on here would get you prosecuted if said in public. Not necessarily this thread, the OP and his backward sympathisers may be abhorrent, but unlikely to be illegal.

At least you have had the balls to say what many have known for a long time. The so called liberal left would prefer it if no other opinions than their own were allowed to be spoken/printed or espoused. Basically, 1984 has arrived. What a sad state of affairs.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I do wonder why he had to 'announce' this on social media - surely this should be a private thing between him & his partner?

I'm obviously getting old as I don't feel the need to share with the world any of the details of my private life.

Perhaps NSC's Great and Good will explain to me how this has improved the Shining Hour?

Maybe? Just maybe, they're both so happy and excited by their impending addition to their union of a brand new baby that they couldn't contain their delight and wanted to share their brilliant news with all who would be happy for them, unfortunately some bigots also get to hear!
J

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This all so over the top. Mostly by people replying with abuse to original poster. Why cant they have an opinion that gays shouldnt adopt.

But you have to understand that to many people, that is equivalent to saying;

“I don’t think black people should be able to have children.”

That’s why there is such a hostile reaction, because to those people it is a pretty disgusting viewpoint to have.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
But you have to understand that to many people, that is equivalent to saying;

“I don’t think black people should be able to have children.”

That’s why there is such a hostile reaction, because to those people it is a pretty disgusting viewpoint to have.

Totally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At least you have had the balls to say what many have known for a long time. The so called liberal left would prefer it if no other opinions than their own were allowed to be spoken/printed or espoused. Basically, 1984 has arrived. What a sad state of affairs.

That is a bit of a contradiction. Your so called liberal left are objecting to opinions that actually want to prevent people by law, being a parent for example. Which is more 1984 in reality, objecting to an opinion, or objecting to someone's freedom to do something like becoming a parent?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The British Olympic diver and his husband Dustin Lance Black shared the news on social media.

There is no way gay people should be permitted to have children by whatever bizarre means they acquire them. The incontrovertible fact is that it takes a male and a female to produce babies. If you don't wish to participate in that activity because you prefer your own sex, then hard bloody luck. Guess what? No babies. Can't have it both ways. Heterosexual ... OK you can have kids. Homosexual ... sorry, you can't.

And the guy isn't his "husband", he's his gay partner.

You know when I read this opening post I said to myself '' A lot of what you say is factually true '' I even sort of resonate with some of it because being in my 50s at the back of my mind I think. - How do the kids explain it to their peers growing up.

You will notice I highlighted being in my 50s. - That's because growing up now those things matter NOT ONE JOT these days and that is for the better and common good of all people.

In the 60s we in this country used to hang people. In the 70s we racially abused black footballers. Both of which we thought were acceptable. They most certainly were not AND TANKFULLY TODA ARE NOT - The Rodriguez/Bong thread are testament to that. We all have something about ourselves which others may not like or may not be accepting of.

If we want others to be accepting of us then we in this world need to be accepting of others. The younger generations have no issues for the most part in what Tom Daly is doing with his Partner. He has the wealth to provide a stable home for a child who might otherwise go through the Care System and potentially never fulfil their potential in life.

So I say good for them. and no matter what misgivings might cross my mind over this. The plus points far outweigh the negatives and anyone who says otherwise I would totally dispute any argument they might be able to put forward.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My only conclusion is that the OP is a closet homosexual whose nuts don't work. And he fancies Tom Daley.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Decided to unhide [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION]'s post.. yep. Glad he's still blocked. Also, the 'thumbs up' feature provides a useful list of other posters worth ignoring.

Having children is a wonderful thing, if you can provide for them and yourself, provide a stable home and are in a loving relationship what's the problem? Sexuality hasn't got anything to do with it.

Congrats Tom and Dustin. I'm sure you'll make great parents.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Would much rather Tom Daley was my mother than some of the two and eights you see out and about.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Another paragraph from that American study

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the leading medical organization to make such a statement, and which most other organizations followed, simply said, “a growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual.”

The study says a lot of things. That's why I posted the link. There is no real data on this subject because same sex adoption was only legalised in 2005, so a full study on its affects through the childhood and teenage years won't be known for several years. It is an untested social experiment.

What might be ok for the rich and famous might not be good for everyone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here