Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Terror Attack New York

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Islam as you knew full well no other religion is carrying out tbese sort.of attacks .

Of course the guy is probably doing it 'in the name of Islam', but you need to put some clear blue water between the evilness of the people that do this, and a religion that many people just want to observe. It plays into the agenda they want to pursue - division and hatred.

These guys don't believe in anything to do with religion - as has been seen in countries where they've seized control. They believe in themselves - in power and corruption.

We need to root out the individuals rather than attack the religion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Same here. All those daily terrorist attacks by Sikhs, Baptists, Hindus, Buddhists and Zoroastrians makes it SO confusing to know which religion could be responsible for this incident.
Have you been watching "Gunpowder" ? That gives a little clue as to mankind's propensity to find a way to kill someone, usually in the name of some God or belief for being different.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just look at your avatar, then remember your comment " The religion of peace " then think.....oh the irony.
Its the banner of a flute band from Belfast , you'll have to explain the irony to me.............

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
tbf Buzzer, if we had spent the last 20 years bombing Sikhs, Baptists, Hindus etc, I would imagine there would be some sort of reaction from the poor, and easily led by people who have decided that what they say is Gods will etc.
How many terror attacks by Muslims in the UK or even generally, before we joined the USA in their crusade? We have bombed the shit out of the ME. Muslim youths in the UK and elsewhere, will feel empathy, and targeted on account of their relgion.
and now theres a whole new couple of generations who have known nothing else except war. Its a horrible situation.
So all those attacks in the UK carried out by Muslims , were because we bombed people thousands of miles away , from a different background and culture to most UK muslims , correct ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'd be more inclined to believe that if there weren't also terrorist attacks against non-Westerners in Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, Kenya, Nigeria, Indonesia...

Like I said, radicals in other countries will have empathy, when they see the ME getting flattened, and see it as an attack on Islam.
The Burmese (Buddists) are doing a good job against the muslims in their country.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Have you been watching "Gunpowder" ? That gives a little clue as to mankind's propensity to find a way to kill someone, usually in the name of some God or belief for being different.
That is soooooo relevant to events in the present day :facepalm:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Like I said, radicals in other countries will have empathy, when they see the ME getting flattened, and see it as an attack on Islam.
The Burmese (Buddists) are doing a good job against the muslims in their country.

So one fanatic sees someone blow up a Westerner and he's encouraged to do the same in his own country to a non-Westerner. Truly the religion of peace.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So one fanatic sees someone blow up a Westerner and he's encouraged to do the same in his own country to a non-Westerner. Truly the religion of peace.

Not sure the situation is that black and white is it.
Where were the terror attacks in the UK and generally elsewhere before we started the latest 'lets bomb the shit out of the middle east' campaign, apart from areas with majority muslim populations looking for autonomy?
How was ISIS created?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Just need someone to mention the Crusades and that's my moral equivalence bingo card filled.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm surprised you have forgotten that 20 years ago there was regular slaughter in Northern Ireland between 2 factions of Christianity?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Did you miss the word empathy?
No , i didnt , and it doesnt change the nature of the question one iota, its a yes or no answer , but i expect youll swerve it as usual, in fact it only emphasises that muslims identify with their religion first and foremost , more than they do their supposed nationality.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

No problem then with " radicals " in countries that have experienced Islamic attacks also having " empathy " then ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm surprised you have forgotten that 20 years ago there was regular slaughter in Northern Ireland between 2 factions of Christianity?
So the war in NI was a religious one , yes or no ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

It's surely relevant insofar as, although we've progressed as a species technologically speaking, we're still the same jumble of wants and needs and fears.

I think the point [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] was making is that as long as humanity exists parts of it will find one reason or another to obliterate others. It's in our nature.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How's the thread on the 350 that died in Mogadishu proceeding on here?
There wasnt one , because by and large people care about events that happen to them or their loved ones , or are closer to home and effect people or places close to them , hows the thread on plymouths new striker on NSC , there wasnt one ? why ever not ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump vows to step up extreme vetting in response to yesterday

Meanwhile, 500,000 gun deaths in the USA since 911, puts the whole thing in perspective

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There wasnt one , because by and large people care about events that happen to them or their loved ones , or are closer to home and effect people or places close to them , hows the thread on plymouths new striker on NSC , there wasnt one ? why ever not ?

Like New Yorks terror attack last night?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here