Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The policies are irrelevant for this election. We are facing the biggest changes to the Country in a lifetime with Brexit and just need to make sure we have the best people in charge to handle the tough negotiations, decisions & fallouts that will transpire. How some think that is Corbyn is frankly shocking, delusional & laughable.

Are you Theresa May's campaign manager?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO,NO,NO you plebs it is not a U-TURN its a consultation

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
My view is that Corbyn has been a disaster for his first 18 months because he's refused to engage with the media, and insert himself within their (admittedly unpleasant and biased) games, in the bizarre hope that a new social media will be able to compensate for bypassing the 'MSM'. On top of this, there has been numerous odd attempts to 'lead' the shadow cabinet and PLP.
That said, he's had a good election campaign, in no small part because he's finally attempted to get himself out there and persuade the electorate. This is in stark contrast to May and the Tories, who have decided to adopt Corbyn's pre-election silence strategy or, at the very least, to restrict their comments to simplistic mantras which have been rightfully exposed as deeply cynical (although not by the MSM). There's also the paucity of policies proposed by the Tories and, for the little that they have announced, they've even decided to backtrack from their main one.
The Tories really aren't having a good campaign.

A bad couple of days, its going to be about momentum from here. Luckily Corbyn has announced that he will scrap tuition fees from September and also invest another £8m NHS security. Its dreamland, not costed and demonstrates a man now giving everything away to get a vote as for his policies, 1970s militant tendency. He will bankrupt this country.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I fear even after being smacked in the face with how dire May is people will still vote for her

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A bad couple of days, its going to be about momentum from here. Luckily Corbyn has announced that he will scrap tuition fees from September and also invest another £8m NHS security. Its dreamland, not costed and demonstrates a man now giving everything away to get a vote as for his policies, 1970s militant tendency. He will bankrupt this country.
The banks bankrupt themselves, we're the ones that bail them out remember.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I fear that however desperate Corbyn gets & bribes the public and bankrupts the country the brain dead will vote for this muppet
Lol spoken like a true status quo sheep.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure I can agree with that. He has come under more pressure than I can perhaps remember any party leader being subjected to from within their own ranks, their own press, the media in general. He has withstood a barrage and has he changed any of his beliefs to appease any of those people? No, he has stood by the mandate he got elected to leader of his party on, twice, and put that into costed clear policy without diluting it to appease. That has taken fight. Really disingenuous to suggest he has just gone through what any other leader has and its just the business of electioneering. You might disagree with his policies, but I think he will come out of this election with a lot more respect than he went in with, and he will have earned it.

Corbyn's changes stances with the best of them. Lured by potential votes this time around.

Against Trident, but now agrees with its renewal.

Use of the nuclear deterrent - against this all his career, but now won't rule out using it to protect.

EU - a lifetime opponent and sceptic, but opposed the 2016 referendum, mildly campaigned for Remain, now fully accepts Brexit.

Campaigner for international humans rights, but ignored the atrocities and war waged in nations which happen to be sometime adversaries of the west - Iran, Syria and Russia. Much to the despair of his Momentum backers:
https://leftfootforward.org/2016/10/jeremy-corbyn-must-break-silence-on-assad-and-russian-bombings/

Corbyn has surprisingly flexible convictions on key issues, in a desparate attempt to win the General Election.

Whilst refusing to budge in his bizarre silence on condemning murderous regimes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Corbyn the biggest joke around along with Farron, more like Laurel and Hardy. Grand ideas with no way of paying for them

maybe they can borrow 700b like the tories have over the last 7 years

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
..........................................no certainty on future living rights, fixed term work permits not being such an attractive proposition..............................................the perception amongst many that they're not wanted here now........ Nothing to do with project fear in my opinion.
Au contraire, that is Project Fear in a nutshell. Exactly what Project Fear wanted people to believe to make them vote remain. Happily, it didn't succeed.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
image.jpeg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
maybe they can borrow 700b like the tories have over the last 7 years

It's clearly been a struggle in the years from 1997-lets not forget the strong economic position Labour inherited and then subsequently ruined in the years after..to 2010.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here