Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Ah - but you fail to understand; that the legion of the toon will always claim they defeated us twice - and living with that one is somewhat tougher to take when lost in the fog on the Tyne.

If anyone says that to you remind them of the Blackburn results!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
TRUE fans who KNOW the Albion and we're at HEREFORD knew yonks ago it would come down to the VILLA game. This is precisely why I was at WIGAN and took a HOLIDAY to miss Norwich and Bristol City yesterday before taking my RIGHTFUL seat at VILLA PARK next Sunday to see us win the TITLE. It's the Albion way and I can only HYPOTHOCISE that many of our fans are JCL's if they didn't SEA this coming.:albion2:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I have a ticket for Villa - really want to be there to win Championship, but would rather stay at home if it's like Norwich and yesterday, I want to keep the good feeling of the season and not have it dented at the final hurdle!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have a ticket for Villa - really want to be there to win Championship, but would rather stay at home if it's like Norwich and yesterday, I want to keep the good feeling of the season and not have it dented at the final hurdle!

Good fan!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not that many thought we would go and stuff Newcastle at theirs back in 79 to get promotion. Villa have nothing to win but pride. We have a chance to win the greatest league trophy we have ever had a real decent chance of winning.

10,000 of us went to Newcastle in 1979 with great optimism. We had a team of winners with momentum built up over three years. Newcastle then were mid table going through many lean years, with a Board despised by their fans. They had none of the local star players who appeared a few years later.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
really need someone to gee up the players and get their mind set for a win - maybe someone like BZ would/could do it.... I have not been a big fan of Baldock but it does seem he is missing.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
10,000 of us went to Newcastle in 1979 with great optimism. We had a team of winners with momentum built up over three years. Newcastle then were mid table going through many lean years, with a Board despised by their fans. They had none of the local star players who appeared a few years later.

You have missed my point - whilst I went with optimism, I didn't think we would "stuff" them! Mid table or not, going to St James's Park and giving them a hiding was never expected to be easy.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
....apart from being promoted. Hardy 'massively blowing it' in my book.

Looking forward to Villa now, wasn't too overjoyed at the thought of travelling up for a dead game.

Massively blown a 7 point lead with 3 games left, almost. At least they have one more chance to redeem themselves after the last 2 dismal, dispiriting performances.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Villa have nothing to play for, Bristol City did. Hopefully yesterday was a big wake up call to players if they have a genuine desire to win the league. Don't get the fans writing us off already, all it will take is one last big 90 mins from the team, which we all know they have in them. I think Baldock starting could be the difference...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
can't help thinking it's not a glowing endorsement of the teams winning spirit.....4 points clear 3 games to go roll over and get 2nd spot....not very good imho.....that;s all

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
really need someone to gee up the players and get their mind set for a win - maybe someone like BZ would/could do it.... I have not been a big fan of Baldock but it does seem he is missing.

the threat of a night with jordan could wake the twatts up.....:lolol: don't get me wrong , but i could have taken the naarch defeat ,i thought they wanted to clinch the title at home.....villa will be ****in huge if we win upthere and a great spot for a good old fashioned night out as well...???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When the fixtures came out, one of my first thoughts was, "I hope we don't have to go to Villa on the last day needing to win." Well, now, thanks to two inept performances in the last matches, we have to do just that - although admittedly not needing the points in quite the way I was thinking about; at least that is a slight positive.
\Yes, we can win at Villa, but I just don't feel very hopeful about it. A real let down at the end of a brilliant season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Villa have nothing to play for, Bristol City did. Hopefully yesterday was a big wake up call to players if they have a genuine desire to win the league. Don't get the fans writing us off already, all it will take is one last big 90 mins from the team, which we all know they have in them. I think Baldock starting could be the difference...

Not true as at 5.00pm they were safe from relegation other than a 15 GD turn around, which realistically wouldnt happen in their last game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here