Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complacency

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have we been docked dome points then ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no. But I think you're bright enough to work understand what I meant.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No we didn't. We made mistakes, but didn't take anything for granted.

I couldn't understand why Murray wasn't substituted, but the we had to bring Tomori on so early, it limited our subs, later on.
Well, as said, plenty of independents thought that as well as diehard BHA so I'm inclined to disagree with you on that. We stopped around the 16th min and sat back to defend for the rest of the game. It reminded me of our first game v Palace at the Amex. CMA scored early in the game and we just looked like that was all we had to do. Which is sort of complacency. Understandable why it's a word associated with the Albion tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Silly comment? I have never met an Albion fan that constantly slags the whole club and team off time and time again when times are so good! He must be a very strange individual if his heart is is with the Albion yet slags them off 99% of the time in threads/posts during our finest season in about 30 years! I can only understand that logic if someone supported a second team (like Spurs or Chelsea)

A mate of yours?

You obviously don't read pretty pink fairy, return of the Rev or Norman Baker's lozenge because they do that all the time on NSC.
Some people don't take the Internet too seriously, & can't wait to poke fun on here.

Yes, I know him, but I wouldn't call him a mate. He lives a long way away which is why he doesn't get to matches.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
We were on top untill the goal just couldn't help but be complacent afterwards. **** all this criticism of tomori I thought he did alright. They were just better than us on the night. Nothing else to say.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So which one, apart from Newcastle, is above us in the league?
ow for ****s sake. For the stupid who can't work out what was meant by that comment: Played Newcastle, lost both. Played Huddersfield, win a piece but they utterly destroyed us in one game so that puts us third in terms of 1 on 1s with the top 3 clubs in this division. As a barometer that may well be how it finishes therefore in May...meaning we're in the POs. Again. And f ucked once more given we bottle it everytime as per our club DNA. Face it, unless we go up automatically we might as well give our place to re 7th placed team. We're incapable of getting promotion via the POs to the Premier.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
No wonder the team "bottle it" with such weak and fragile fans as some of you saps! If I was an Albion player reading these forums I would almost want to lose on purpose after reading some of the utter bollocks posted on here! (Usualy posted by 60+ year old miserable gits who can barely walk, let alone kick a ball)

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ow for ****s sake. For the stupid who can't work out what was meant by that comment: Played Newcastle, lost both. Played Huddersfield, win a piece but they utterly destroyed us in one game so that puts us third in terms of 1 on 1s with the top 3 clubs in this division. As a barometer that may well be how it finishes therefore in May...meaning we're in the POs. Again. And f ucked once more given we bottle it everytime as per our club DNA. Face it, unless we go up automatically we might as well give our place to re 7th placed team. We're incapable of getting promotion via the POs to the Premier.
Oh, I'm frightfully sorry. I thought we were in second place, after 34 games, and six points ahead of third. Clearly, football leagues don't work in the way thought they did. Surely we should have been automatically promoted three(?) years ago when we did the double over Leicester...........

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh, I'm frightfully sorry. I thought we were in second place, after 34 games, and six points ahead of third. Clearly, football leagues don't work in the way thought they did. Surely we should have been automatically promoted three(?) years ago when we did the double over Leicester...........
I'm talking top three ONLY in the forecast sense. Grief. Don't be sorry. Use your canister instead. We're all trying to predict the situation in May and we lie third in this mini league. Not good!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well, as said, plenty of independents thought that as well as diehard BHA so I'm inclined to disagree with you on that. We stopped around the 16th min and sat back to defend for the rest of the game. It reminded me of our first game v Palace at the Amex. CMA scored early in the game and we just looked like that was all we had to do. Which is sort of complacency. Understandable why it's a word associated with the Albion tonight.

We didn't stop and sit back and defend. Newcastle are a very good side with very skillful players and they started to become more dominant in the game. Complacent? It had nothing whatsoever to do with complacency.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

They play each other on Saturday. They can't both win. We can go top again with a win at Forest. Don't throw the towel in just yet.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
He can't be a Brighton fan and should have been banned ages ago! Every thread or post he makes is slagging the club or players off.

It's really not you ****ing ****. Most of my posts are positive or ironic. I just felt that we lost a little bit of desire after our goal. You don't need to slag me off because we lost alright you prick!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
come on...their goal was fluky sure but boy was it overdue and some. And our penalty was a bit 'lite'. Newcastle bossed the game from just after our goal. We got nothing because we deserved nothing. We showed small club mentality in awe at a big one. Our control of the ball was League 2 comedy of errors stuff. Why we were so shit is hard to fathom. But we were pony tonight and the toon army deserved their victory in spades.
That is harsh. I'd agree Newcastle were the better team tonight and did deserve the win but that abuse is uncalled for . I'm as disappointed as anyone but whilst we played below our best we were not shit. Sometimes you can just give credit to the opposition for doing a number on us which this evening they did.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We didn't stop and sit back and defend. Newcastle are a very good side with very skillful players and they started to become more dominant in the game. Complacent? It had nothing whatsoever to do with complacency.
it seemed like that to the independents. And many diehards. I think you're in the minority if you think Newcastle didn't have us on the back foot for 3/4 of the game.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It's really not you ****ing ****. Most of my posts are positive or ironic. I just felt that we lost a little bit of desire after our goal. You don't need to slag me off because we lost alright you prick!

I was clearly talking about Junior you muppet!

It's ok, don't worry about the apology! You clearly don't know night from day... Just go to bed!

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Saying that the players got complacent isn't slagging them off. It's just an observation. It's human nature. Let's face it
We're all pissed off about the result and the manner of the defeat. I regret starting this thread

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That is harsh. I'd agree Newcastle were the better team tonight and did deserve the win but that abuse is uncalled for . I'm as disappointed as anyone but whilst we played below our best we were not shit. Sometimes you can just give credit to the opposition for doing a number on us which this evening they did.
by comparison we were shit. To our own standards. We didn't play the rest of the league tonight. We played Newcastle. Or sorry, they played us. We looked shit in so far as a top game is concerned. Yep. I'm happy with that comment. We'd stuff a non league side tomorrow but we're in a big boys club now and just mistaken for the waiter. Because we looked like one tonight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well the bed wetter of the night award is well and truly sewn up. Enjoy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FFS, we lost by a small margin.
If we had taken our chances, we would have beaten these northern gimps.
But we lost, deal with it, move on, otherwise we start doubting our own abilities.
We're still second BTW.
I'm more pissed it took me over an hour to get of of Bridge St car park, absolute shambles, and to top it all, I followed a Newcastle fan for half hour, because of M25 restrictions.
Good night, I'm off to my pit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here