Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone place a bet for us to be relegated @ the start of the season?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Thinking now that it's time to soften my blow and have a bullseye on while you can still get 4/1, be more than happy to lose if they can avoid relegation.Did anyone take the 25/1 on offer before the start of the season?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, I did Top 6 and promoted and Top 6. Really must cancel that holiday booked on the back of it! I'm OK though as I backed Southampton to go down.... D'oh!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Although many had reservations about the squad I don't think anybody thought we could finish bottom 3 and even if we were heading that way we would get a new manager in who would turn things around, how wrong we all were.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep got a fair bit on at 21/1 had no confidence in the BinDipping Finn from day 1 and on the back of the exodus of core players

Fair play to you. (I hope you lose your bet, obviously)

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
No, but at least I didn't back you to go up as I did before Poyet's two Championship seasons with you.
Anyway, you're not going down. Once Hyypia is removed then you'll climb away from danger. How far you climb depends on who replaces Sami.
Actually there is one man who might take you down but stick with him and you'll be in The Premier League within five years. Paolo Di Canio and his loyal backroom team could struggle initially but in the long run would bring the best times B&HA have ever known.
I think Tony Bloom and Paolo would be a very good partnership, but I don't think it will happen.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Thinking now that it's time to soften my blow and have a bullseye on while you can still get 4/1, be more than happy to lose if they can avoid relegation.Did anyone take the 25/1 on offer before the start of the season?

My dad did, he said he thought things weren't right - I told him he was mad and wasting his money :ffsparr:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No, on principle, despite being strongly advised to by someone close to the club.

As each day unfolds, and he's still not gone, I'm beginning to question if Tony Bloom is in some sort of denial over the serious mistake he made in hiring Hypia.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
I had 10 at 20/1 pre season. I thought we were replacing premiership bench warmers with league 1 hopefuls. The Championship is a pretty average standard but if you can't keep a clean sheet you must be able to score more than the opposition to stay up. Pretty obvious but 46 points is relegation, I didn't rate Stockdale and couldn't see that we had replaced Leo. It was also 20/1 to get promoted at that time and of the two, I thought relegation offered best value. The bookies still don't see it that way so I think 4/1 is still fill yer boots value. I am off to wolves on Saturday and whilst it is normally a lucky ground I have no expectations other than Sami getting a hard time from the fans

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Yep got a fair bit on at 21/1 had no confidence in the BinDipping Finn from day 1 and on the back of the exodus of core players

You need to send SH a drink if you cop then. couldn't bring myself to back it at the start of the season.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
i managed to get 30/1 - only a few quid on it during pre season but like the posts above no confidence in the recruitment team, Barber or Sami from the get go and the players that were being brought in were never going to fill the shoes of those that have left...

i hope i'm wrong but at the same time would going down make Bloom wake up and see that this business model isnt working

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At worst I thought we would be lower mid table but we are exceeding that by some margin and currently would struggle to win 5-games all season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did anyone place a bet for us to be relegated @ the start of the season?

Strictly speaking, I don't think you CAN be relegated at the start of the season..............

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here