Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Upgrading seats in real time via an app now live at the Amex

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The ability to upgrade season ticket seats to 1901 in real time from your phone has Gone live today. How cool is that ! I’m very impressed with my club.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
What does it cost though?

How much do they allocate for the seat you release and what admin fee / margin do they levy?

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I think you can relocate to anywhere, not just 1901. The cost is the difference between the cost of the seat you want (at full one-off match price), and cost of your season ticket prorated for one match.

Not sure it will get many takers, but nice to have the option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing that they can do this but a ticket exchange seems to take longer than Elon Musk sending something into space

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
The ability to upgrade season ticket seats to 1901 in real time from your phone has Gone live today. How cool is that ! I’m very impressed with my club.

You are Paul Barber, and I claim my £5:rolleyes:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Why would you want to leave your ST seat?

I just see this as a gimmick and really just an online version of the licensed seat option that was available during the move to the Amex

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
So you can use the QR code on your phone on the turnstile for these tickets but you can't for regular tickets that you buy via the website? :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tell me when we have a hot dog train:-

Loge_Galerie_2_2x.jpg

Until then tell me nothing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hmm season ticket holders next to me only turn up for Saturday 3pm games so often text my buddy who sits a block away so they can join us. Will be gutted if these seats get booked using this system.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Review from a quick 5-minute play...

1. Even though this is all browser-based, there is no desktop version of this. Despite the fact I use my phone a LOT, I always conduct my ticket transactions on my laptop.

2. Even though I was logged into Seagulls Tickets, I then had to login again, with exactly the same details, on the Pogoseat site. Single Sign On isn't just a "nice to have" these days, it's a minimum requirement for solutions like this.

3. For Swansea I was offered a handful of West and East Stand 1901 tickets. However these seats don't seem to be available on the main ticketing site. The main ticketing site has a WSL ticket available for sale, but this wasn't offered to me in Pogoseat. If there are two different pots of inventory for tickets which the club somehow having to manually manage allocating available seats between them, then that feels quite clunky and clumsy.

4. I have a pair of tickets. If I wanted to upgrade them to 1901 I'd want to do both at the same time. Pogoseat doesn't seem to offer this which means if there are two 1901 seats available side by side then you'd need to transact on them individually which would risk someone else taking the second seat ahead of you.

That all said, if I fancied a one off upgrade to 1901, it looks easy enough to do that. Can't see this as being a particularly big use case though, given the other limitations the system and process seems to have.

D

Deleted User X18H

Are you trying to tell me that normal people and general riff raff can get in 1901 willy nilly ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here