Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Albion have any super fans?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I reckon we've got more than a few. Liz Costa for sure. She might not be everyone's cup of tea but you've got to take your hat off to her and respect what she has done. A part of the club for decades now, she and others have run the official supporters' club, she organises the coaches and does this all as a fan. Add to that the chap who runs the independent fan coaches, I think his NSC name is [MENTION=17012]joker[/MENTION].

There's people who use those services all the time who rarely if ever miss a game but it's mainly thanks to the aforementioned.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
David does fantastic amateur football photo essays. I met him when he did one about Kingston Village FC a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We used to organise the Nomad charity games together.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Doc is a true gent and top man,though he did take us to one of the worst Pubs i ever been in away at Bournemouth many years ago.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I reckon we've got more than a few. Liz Costa for sure. She might not be everyone's cup of tea but you've got to take your hat off to her and respect what she has done. A part of the club for decades now, she and others have run the official supporters' club, she organises the coaches and does this all as a fan. Add to that the chap who runs the independent fan coaches, I think his NSC name is [MENTION=17012]joker[/MENTION].

There's people who use those services all the time who rarely if ever miss a game but it's mainly thanks to the aforementioned.

Amen to this. I've never travelled on the Official Supporters' club coach, but Liz has been running that now for more than 20 years; in all that time, I believe the only game for which they didn't put on at least one coach was the first MK Dons game when they chose not to. Liz has probably done more than any other single person to ensure that fans had a chance to go to an away game if they so desired.

As far as [MENTION=17012]joker[/MENTION] is concerned, I think he runs the Blues Away service. At Christmas I unexpectedly (and at only a few days notice) got my hands on a ticket for the Boxing Day fixture at Stamford Bridge (albeit in the home end). With no train service I wouldn't have been able to get up there but I e-mailed Blues Away and they found me a spot.

Albion fans are extremely lucky to have people such as this giving up their time and putting in the effort to ensure the likes of me can get to a game (either regularly, or on an as-needed basis).

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
He's been wearing that same scarf for as long as I can remember. Want a decent pint at away games? Ask Gus. He knows good pubs in every corner of the country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm sure that old scarf was his dads, a great genuine man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here