Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Jay Rodriguez to Hire Lip Reader in Attempt to Prove Innocence After Allegations of Racial Abuse"

So if he needs to hire a lip reader, that must mean there's footage where you can see his lips, and presumably lip readers have already said what they think Jay said, and now he's got to come up with an alternative version.

Not looking good Jay.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Handy - am i cynical, I wonder how much of that is due to winnable games coming up against Huddersfield, Watford and Leicester?
That was my initial thought, but obviously he'll do his best to avoid a guilty verdict, so employing a lip reader is understandable.

So what do the 'not biased honestly' WBA fans on here think?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That was my initial thought, but obviously he'll do his best to avoid a guilty verdict, so employing a lip reader is understandable.

Dead right - it’s not just a ban that is at stake - it’s his entire future career, whether that be coaching, managing or media work.

Why wouldn’t he do everything possible to clear his name - guilty or not.

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018

The hearing was due today but the club asked for an extension as the club have been in Barcelona this week on mid winter break.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The hearing was due today but the club asked for an extension as the club have been in Barcelona this week on mid winter break.

With respect, the FA should tell Rodriguez to **** off and take his punishment then.

I'm not sure a law court would accept "Can we re-schedule please as I'm on holiday then" from a defendant.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's not what it said on SSN. It also doesn't make much sense. He had to submit his defence by today, he didn't need the whole squad to return from training. I don't think he'd even have to return himself.

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018
I guess the club asked for extra time to prepare given Rodriguez was out of the country this week so unable to meet with his representatives.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess the club asked for extra time to prepare given Rodriguez was out of the country this week so unable to meet with his representatives.

It doesn't sound like he's taking it very seriously then, does it?

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018
On the contrary. He has employed a barrister to defend him. There is talk of counter law suits with regards slander.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
On the contrary. He has employed a barrister to defend him. There is talk of counter law suits with regards slander.

If he's employed him, then what has the barrister been doing with his time? Not having a defence ready isn't acceptable. Surely, if he is as innocent as he says he is, then the barrister will know exactly what was said, rather than alleged.
A civil law suit for slander would be a different case entirely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here