Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm not saying Blair or Brown were necessarily any better but astonishingly some people on here actually seem think Rees-Mogg could run the country!!! The lunatics will truly have taken over the asylum the day that happens! Oh and my avatar is only my avatar because I think the text is quite amusing not because Im a Corbynista!!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Be that as it may, Jacob Rees-Mogg is an upper class ******** of the very highest order and the thought of that man being anywhere near political power is truly terrifying
These 2 in power? Dear God! Frightens the Life out of me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-03-06-33-24.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-03-06-33-24.png
    356 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2017-12-03-06-36-12.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-03-06-36-12.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 133

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
These 2 in power? Dear God! Frightens the Life out of me.

Anyone so gullable to think the Corbyn quote shown is real, and to be frightned as a consequence, needs to give their head a wobble. I'm not saying Corbyn isn't an arse, but . . . .really. If Corbyn and Spare Head Three do win, my, the nation will surely be awash with the frightened tears of a million broflakes. Get a grip, lads. FFS. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's why the something for nothing brigade or the world owes me a living mob love them so much. Hand out promises. It will be great to see these myths expunged when they can't deliver

You want them to actually win power, just so you can have the satisfaction of seeing them fail? Personally I would prefer to have the best available men and women running the country, and if I have a feeling one or two may be a total disaster, I wouldn't want them to win just to prove a point. Is this a broflake thing?

I'm not sure who the best men and women are, right now, though, alas. If it is necessary for a candidate to tick none of the following boxes, then we are surely stuffed:

Not a ditherer
Not living in the 1970s
Not a mad old labour fantasist
Not a new fogey bible thumper
Not a happy clappy 'give state money to all religions' clown
Not someone whose 'core' beliefs change with the wind of public opinion

If you wonder who I mean, in random order, May, Blair, Boris, Spare head three, Rees-Mogg, Corbyn

Mmmmm ..... as the kid in Duckman said "these raisins at the bottom of the rabbit hutch taste rancid"....

Greens and liberals and UKIP options have not been included in the above because there are too few of them to constitute a viable minority, let alone be poised to return to their 'constituencies and prepare for power' (copywrite David Steele :lolol:)

Anyway, as you were.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This guy would be a car crash for the UK if he ever got to power.

He voted against same sex marriage because of his religious views so what's to stop him doing the same with abortion. He has been quoted as saying that once we leave the EU we can lower safety and environmental standards, made famous with the quote, 'if it's good enough for India'!!!! Has he seen the state of the Ganges? Would he like the equivalent flowing past the house of Parliament?

He's not been called the Rt Hon Member for the 18th Century for nothing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
People views on abortion are not simply based on religious teaching, that's such a distortion. I'm not religious, you don't have to be religious to be against abortion.

One of the strongest most outspoken atheists of all time, Christopher Hitchens was against abortion. Other atheists too. For the vast majority of people against abortion it has nothing to do with God or religion, it's basic ethics, it's no different to being against any other form of violence.

Could I ask, would you consider the taking of a pill which does not prevent conception, but does prevent a fertile egg from embedding in the womb, as an abortion? The woman would not know if an egg had become fertilised and been unable to embed or if no fertilisation took place.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I find it strange that he finds abortion for any reason and at any stage morally unacceptable, but has no issue investing in tobacco companies, whose business relies on addiction to their carcinogenic product, and causes premature death and ill health in thousands of Brits and millions of people worldwide, and is marketed to children in countries where they can get away with it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I find it strange that he finds abortion for any reason and at any stage morally unacceptable, but has no issue investing in tobacco companies, whose business relies on addiction to their carcinogenic product, and causes premature death and ill health in thousands of Brits and millions of people worldwide, and is marketed to children in countries where they can get away with it.

Profiting from abortion less morally unacceptable though -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/pro-life-tory-multi-millionaire-11267331

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...aking-money-from-abortion-pills-a3647806.html

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here