Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton on borrowed time now

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Spectacular cock-up with formation today. He's starting to show the signs of a manager who's sinking and loosing the plot.

Too defensive, no confidence in the players to play offensive football and i question if he's lost the dressing room with reports of Knockert leaving the ground before kick-off.

Time to make an approach to Nathan Jones IMO.

What abject nonsense. We knew before the season started that playing in the Premier League was going to be very very difficult and iof we can retain our place in the top division come the end of the season that, to me, will be an even bigger achievement than getting there in the first place.

Playing open offensive football against teams in the top four will leave uis dead and buried. Today was a game which we didn't expect to get much from anyway, so l'm all for Chris Hughton experimenting and playing a new formation with five at the back. I thought that the score flattered Chelsea, and we had plenty of chances of our own, and of course two penalty appeals waved away, that according to sky should have been given.

As for Nathan Jones, yes he is doing a fair job at Luton, but he has won nothing there yet. Plus of course, winning football matches in League 2, is a whole lot easier than winning them in the Premier League..

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Spectacular cock-up with formation today. He's starting to show the signs of a manager who's sinking and loosing the plot.

Too defensive, no confidence in the players to play offensive football and i question if he's lost the dressing room with reports of Knockert leaving the ground before kick-off.

I'm sure senior is proud of you :lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I actually thought we looked good in the formation but having no attacking wide player as one of the wing back again just creates a negative mentality. And don’t even get me started on the appalling use of substitutions. Kayal for Gross and Murray for Hemed is going to change NOTHING. That game was crying for Baldock to come on and play a proper 2 up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup ,was saying the same thing Pre substitutes coming on, although Tomer worked hard the game was crying out for pace in behind and in the channels .

Bringing on Murray was just like for like and going to achieve Sod all .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m still not blaming CH.

The Board handed him a weak squad, despite having 5 months and £100m of new money to do something about it. Little pace, no top flight quality strikers, no pace at RB, no pace in CM to break forward.

CH may have made some mistakes, which manager hasn’t, but his squad really is not good enough for a PL campaign.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Uninstall Tapatalk

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
thought we had a right go at them while still 0-2, new guy knows hes joining a squad of tryers, the same idiots that wanted Zamora gone are back on here today=== not as if were playing the reining champions..............................oh

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Oh do shut up.....

He really isn’t, whilst I don’t agree with the formation, he had to change something. Hazard and Willian were unplayable at times

mike1901

May 12, 2017

Ummm, really
And if we do go down what better manager would you suggest to try and take us back up again. ?????
Mike

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was pleased to see the formation but not so the players playing it . How could CH expect Dunk and Duffy to be so ineffectual, I must admit I was looking at a Hemed and Gross substitution to be replaced by Murray and Baldock as we had nothing to lose and all to gain.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Dick.

bedwetter

Jan 13, 2018
Anyone seriously asking for CH to go must have short memories. We knew things were going to be tough in this league and now is the time to show a united front and back the manager and the players.But if we are to go down we will have learned a lot and hopefully bounce back a stronger unit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chris for me has earned the right for a full season. I will be very disappointed if he were sacked even if we go down

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chris for me has earned the right for a full season. I will be very disappointed if he were sacked even if we go down

He may be a bit dull but he has done enough since he came here to be the man to try and get us back if we do go down.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He is picking the formation and the style of play that means players are trying to play out of defence with no viable forward passing options though.
How very dare you? You're not allowed to say things like that!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep, I can't believe we're not top of the table, leading by 15 points...
Ridiculous response. All your comment is missing is: Remember where we were 20 years ago, be grateful.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here