Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Do you not think that maybe that is a slight exaggeration? Who is to say the pillocks in charge in this country won't drive the country into the ground? Then who is there to help? Nobody.

What? So that's yor reason for staying in. You really think they would look after us.:rolleyes:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I shall be voting in. None of the out arguments have convinced me to do otherwise.
Is Merkel letting you have a vote on Britain's membership then?.. How does that work then... you live permanently in the Fatherland.... how can you be registered office vote?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's exactly the same issue. More spin.

No it is not. The EU is not about a shared currency. If you think that then you have not grasped the issue properly. We are talking about an economy that is in all our interests.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
None of the remain arguments make much sense either though!

To the contrary, [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] have presented some very good arguments.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No it is not. The EU is not about a shared currency. If you think that then you have not grasped the issue properly. We are talking about an economy that is in all our interests.

That's a weak point and the argument is about far more than the bloody economy. Your inference that those that want self determination for their country constitute people who are 'unable to grasp the issue' sums you up I feel.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
At least we can vote our own pillocks out.... you cannot vote out the unelected EU commission. .....

If by "you" you mean the electorate of the EU then you choose each country's government and they choose the commissioners. If you don't like the way that your country chooses your commissioner feel free to agitate to change it, because it's purely up to your country's government as to how they select their member.

Separately, the MEPs that you voted for can remove the entire commission if they so desire.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is Merkel letting you have a vote on Britain's membership then?.. How does that work then... you live permanently in the Fatherland.... how can you be registered office vote?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It works exactly the same as it did when I lived in the UK albeit I post my ballot paper instead of turn up at Hove Town Hall. I can also vote in local elections here.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
None of the remain arguments make much sense either though!

I think that's part of the issue for the whole debate. It's not simplistic. I think it's good for politics if it makes us think really deeply about the issues and argue them through.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If by "you" you mean the electorate of the EU then you choose each country's government and they choose the commissioners. If you don't like the way that your country chooses your commissioner feel free to agitate to change it, because it's purely up to your country's government as to how they select their member.

Separately, the MEPs that you voted for can remove the entire commission if they so desire.

Not a good system though is it? None of us can vote on the other members MEP's can we? So we have a tiny voice in a stitched up club. Wonderful.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's a weak point and the argument is about far more than the bloody economy. Your inference that those that want self determination for their country constitute people who are 'unable to grasp the issue' sums you up I feel.

That is a rather ridiculous assumption. I was suggesting that an individual poster had not grasped the issue and you have twisted it to suggest that I am saying a whole group of people have not grasped the issue. Plain wrong. It's that sort of twisted logic that doesn't help the argument.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I think that's part of the issue for the whole debate. It's not simplistic. I think it's good for politics if it makes us think really deeply about the issues and argue them through.

If there were an obvious way to go then we wouldn't have all this debate and a referendum. And although people keep asking for clear and objective facts on both sides the reality is that there are very few of them due to the complexity of the situation.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
That is a rather ridiculous assumption. I was suggesting that an individual poster had not grasped the issue and you have twisted it to suggest that I am saying a whole group of people have not grasped the issue. Plain wrong. It's that sort of twisted logic that doesn't help the argument.

Twisted it? Really?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Twisted it? Really?

Yes. You have suggested that I have said all of the leave camp have failed to grasp the issue when my response was aimed at one poster for one view that he/she expressed. You've therefore misrepresented my post. I assume you can admit that?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If there were an obvious way to go then we wouldn't have all this debate and a referendum. And although people keep asking for clear and objective facts on both sides the reality is that there are very few of them due to the complexity of the situation.

It is for this reason there shouldn't even be a referendum on this, idiots like us are not qualified to make such a ridiculously complex decision.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Not a good system though is it? None of us can vote on the other members MEP's can we? So we have a tiny voice in a stitched up club. Wonderful.

And how much of a vote do you have on the other MPs outside of your own constituency?

So much of the "EU is undemocratic" spiel comes down to exactly what you wrote above: you only have as much say as any other EU citizen, and you don't like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here