Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Yankee Warbirds over skies of Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are u sure? I did not see the Lanc take off today from Fairford. If it was in the distance it might have been the D.C. 6 mentioned above.

They were together so I assumed they were connected. It certainly looked like a Lanc, but I'm no expert in plane spotting.
Goodwood? Rehearsing for Hastings next week?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At least they weren't Klingon Warbirds!

Well of COURSE they weren't Klingon war birds. I can't believe anybody seriously believed they'd see Klingon war birds in the skies of Sussex - they'd have been cloaked!

EDIT: Bugger, beaten to it by Maltaseagull!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
shame i missed them, the corsair was one of the first airfix kits I made. Love the lightning as well (and no I am not a plane spotter).

On a different but related subject I have seen a spitfire over Woodingdean about 6 times in last 3 weeks , I wonder if someone local has bought a new toy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's happening in Hastings next week ?

During the weekend of 21-22 July see the Royal Air force displays in Hastings once again. The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will display the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane on both days (1pm on Saturday and 12.30pm Sunday and the Red Arrows will display on Saturday 21 July at 6pm.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
On a different but related subject I have seen a spitfire over Woodingdean about 6 times in last 3 weeks , I wonder if someone local has bought a new toy.

You are 20 miles away from Goodwood and there are two Spitfires based there. If you want a flight in their 2 seater you can have either 30 or 50 minutes worth and, I believe, choose where you go (within reason) along the coast. 300 plus MPH will get you from Chichester to Woodingdean pretty swiftly!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You are 20 miles away from Goodwood and there are two Spitfires based there. If you want a flight in their 2 seater you can have either 30 or 50 minutes worth and, I believe, choose where you go (within reason) along the coast. 300 plus MPH will get you from Chichester to Woodingdean pretty swiftly!

Maybe it's one of those but certainly been overhead more frequently in recent weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here