Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How the hell did someone have five queens and two rooks and not win?

Is this a betting scam? :lolol:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How the hell did someone have five queens and two rooks and not win?

Is this a betting scam? :lolol:

Try mating someone with 5 or more queens, its more difficult than you think to not accidentally stalemate! He tried to prevent the stalemate on move 52 by moving his rook but then put the last pawn over and cut off the diagonal

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Try mating someone with 5 or more queens, its more difficult than you think to not accidentally stalemate! He tried to prevent the stalemate on move 52 by moving his rook but then put the last pawn over and cut off the diagonal

There's an easy mate. He doesn't advance his pawn on move 54 but plays Qg4. Job done

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
There's an easy mate. He doesn't advance his pawn on move 54 but plays Qg4. Job done

I think your missing the point I think mate, he wasnt a shit player, he was trying not to checkmate me, just get as many queens as he could without a stalement, then check mate, hence advancing the last pawn. If he had played Qg4 he would have mated me indeed and there was probably a load of other squares which would have too. Good fun

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think your missing the point I think mate, he wasnt a shit player, he was trying not to checkmate me, just get as many queens as he could without a stalement, then check mate, hence advancing the last pawn. If he had played Qg4 he would have mated me indeed and there was probably a load of other squares which would have too. Good fun

Ah OK, whatever turned him on :lol:

Kudos to you though for forcing him to stalemate

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016

Probably had a big ego trying to crush an opponent! Back fired spectacularly!! Ha

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't see this Romanian game being fast moving, My opponent has only played two moves as white - if he's taking a day to make opening moves, we're going to be here for weeks.

Is this Romanian team a bunch of football supporters? Looking at their profile, they appear to be a bunch of Romanian nationalists,

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I can't see this Romanian game being fast moving, My opponent has only played two moves as white - if he's taking a day to make opening moves, we're going to be here for weeks.

Is this Romanian team a bunch of football supporters? Looking at their profile, they appear to be a bunch of Romanian nationalists,

Agreed!

My opponent has just made two moves in a matter of minutes though. Perhaps they just wake up slowly?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Yeah we are working on concurrent games, there is a thread on our forum which we will keep updated, awaiting to hear from Arsenal and Liverpool have replied to me, they are trying to muster up 16 <1500 players

This Romanian lot arent footy fans, St Pauli was the one challenged then something happened and this lot accepted.Snuggles thinks it was a bug but I think he was on the punk

And yeah this game is going to take a while, some are progressing nicely, others a move a day

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Romanian has just made a move in a game; the thing is, I don't remember moving my piece at all! I must have been half asleep when I did it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
New team Challenge accepted!

We are playing Liverpool <1800 starting 17th, everyone sign up who can, everyone who wants to play should be able to

Check your messages to join

Dinamo Zagreb must have heard of us as they declined a challenge!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
New team Challenge accepted!

We are playing Liverpool <1800 starting 17th, everyone sign up who can, everyone who wants to play should be able to

Check your messages to join

Dinamo Zagreb must have heard of us as they declined a challenge!

Zagreb running scared!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here