Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
'One passenger flying from Cape Verde to Gatwick became so irate about being diverted to Stansted he allegedly opened the door while a fellow traveller claimed he was a terrorist so he could get off, leading to police being sent on board. '

I am not sure who the bigger dickhead is, the drone pilot or the person saying they are a TERRORIST so they could get off a flight :ffsparr:
Or the authorities for responding as such when clearly it’s just someone at the end of their tether no doubt fuelled by lack of sleep, information etc. A bit of common sense ought to be used but I doubt it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or the authorities for responding as such when clearly it’s just someone at the end of their tether no doubt fuelled by lack of sleep, information etc. A bit of common sense ought to be used but I doubt it.

By the sound of it, it was. But an incredibly stupid thing to say. Especially as it then detracts police resource away from more important things than someone that can control their emotions.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
By the sound of it, it was. But an incredibly stupid thing to say. Especially as it then detracts police resource away from more important things than someone that can control their emotions.

Agree, the airline staff ought to have just handled it with a ‘no, you’re really not, now sit back down and shut up you moron because none of us are enjoying this’ or words to that effect. Failing that, all the passengers line up - “airplane” style - to tell said terrorist to pull them-self together!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

No delays with Clive and Den today, long walk beckons :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is a bit odd now isn't it? Drone hasn't been spotted for ages now yet still a lot of police activity and police helicopter overhead.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On BBC Breakfast this morning it was pointed out that some other countries have strictly licensed drones from the very beginning and enforce that. For the blindingly obvious reason of the threat to planes, from terrorists or just sad trouble makers.

Laissez faire UK governments called this wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On BBC Breakfast this morning it was pointed out that some other countries have strictly licensed drones from the very beginning and enforce that. For the blindingly obvious reason of the threat to planes, from terrorists or just sad trouble makers.

Laissez faire UK governments called this wrong.

I'm just waiting for the Government's reaction - They'll probably have a referendum on whether to ban electricity

And banning it will win :wink:

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
I'm no David Icke but how about a conspiracy theory?

The drone story is a cover. Drones cannot stay up for this length of time, and no reports are evident that this is an environmental protest.

The real story is that the security services have a credible threat of a terrorist operation at Gatwick where they plan to down an incoming/outgoing airliner with a surface to air missile. The cover story is in place in order to provide an explanation for the airport closure and avoid a mass panic across the country/world when people realise that terrorists now have this capability. In the meantime, with the airport closed and the threat neutralised, the authorities go about establishing if the threat is real etc.

Anyone?

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016

The drone story is a cover. Drones cannot stay up for this length of time, and no reports are evident that this is an environmental protest.

The real story is that the security services have a credible threat of a terrorist operation at Gatwick where they plan to down an incoming/outgoing airliner with a surface to air missile. The cover story is in place in order to provide an explanation for the airport closure and avoid a mass panic across the country/world when people realise that terrorists now have this capability. In the meantime, with the airport closed and the threat neutralised, the authorities go about establishing if the threat is real etc.

Anyone?

No.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Anyone?

Or perhaps they had more than one drone.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Okay... one of my bin lids is Cabin Crew based at Gatwick. Just been stood down and sent home...

Wha'rrappened? : Two drones. One last night, one this morning. One even flew up to the window of the Control Tower and 'looked in'... That's what spooked them the most.

Whodunnit? : They're not sure, but 'activists' have been mentioned several times.

When's opening time? : They're looking to resume flights at about 4.00 - 4.30pm today.

There. That's the NSC inside track so far. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here