Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield and Palace up next. Anyone feeling a bit twitchy?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just assuming nowt at Huddersfield and at best scrape a draw v Palace :shrug:

bloody hell , thought the fans exuberance was supposed to rub off on the players , not the other way round.......these games are both winnable in my opinion , the defensive mindset has not worked in the last 2 games so a " we decided to be more attacking for this game and the results were there for all to see" from CH after the game , regardless of the result , win , lose or draw but have a faaaarking go ....if we attack and lose then it should shut a lot of people up .

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
The mindset of a football fan ay? We can barely score a goal but feeling confident (ish) and you lot riding high in 12th with trepidation. Next two games are pivotal for us. We have to take 4 points min. Same for you. Its going to be another slog this season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Huddersfield we'll get battered, we just can't deal with the way they play. Palace, who knows? Depends on whether we turn up or not, Gross and Propper will hopefully only get better/fitter. Has been a very odd season so far, but if we don't pick up points in the next 3 think we'll struggle to reach the 20 target at the halfway stage.

Hudd - agree and I find that so frustrating. CH has had over two years to work out tactics/personnel on the day, to counter Wagner’s, but it’s always the same story. They dominate midfield and the matches.

I’d love CH to reverse that this time.

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
This ones all about the midfield - Wolves gave them acres of space and paid the price, as did we last year. I think that'll change this year - we need to jump on the midfield three the moment they get the ball. Its a pity Stephens is out - he would be useful for that. Despite that, I think we will get it right this time. 1-0 to the good guys.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Wasn't that the game where Knockaert was "disciplined", of sorts, and completely out of the matchday 18?

You’re right Bozza. We didn’t know that on the day, and were a bit bemused about the team selection. Rightly so, as Schellotto, at right wing back, played like he had just learnt to play football, and Izzy Brown was his usual lazy self.

Dreadful game, bloody drum next to us, cold as hell, no concourse, and crap journey.

Are we going this year?

Yep[emoji2]

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I know you should always feel at least a bit optimistic going into the next game (apart from playing top 6 - Man U aren't in the top 6) but because of the way we've played the last few games (even when winning, we didn't play well at all and could have lost those 3 games) my optimism has drained away. We need the players to fight and scrap and press like they did against Man U in that first half. We do that we'll win both games.

However it seems it was very much a one off. Shame.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know you should always feel at least a bit optimistic going into the next game (apart from playing top 6 - Man U aren't in the top 6) but because of the way we've played the last few games (even when winning, we didn't play well at all and could have lost those 3 games) my optimism has drained away. We need the players to fight and scrap and press like they did against Man U in that first half. We do that we'll win both games.

However it seems it was very much a one off. Shame.

So coming back from 2/0 against both Southampton and Fulham wasn't fighting or scrapping? Or any of the one nil wins against Newcastle, West Ham or Wolves...fighting or scrapping.........hmmmm

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My prediction is we will go 1-0 up in first 20 mins and then try to defend for 70 mins (plus injury time). They will score around 80 mins after we haven’t given their goalkeeer a touch since scoring. We will either then see it out OR lose a last minute winner. CH will then comment that we have to take our chances and they are a very good team!
Same old tactics every week I’m afraid!

Can't see us getting a point from either the way we've been playing recently.

I hope you're right, but can't see it happening. We'll definitely get beat at Huddersfield and will certainly lose to Palarse.

I’d be very surprised if we take more than one point from Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley. We’ve lost the plot, we have no momentum and the time has come for us to get what our performances for a long time have deserved.

We're due a win against both teams... But I don't see it happening. 0 points. Would take 2 to avoid giving them 3 each...

If it is the same next Saturday at Huddersfield as it was last season, we need to hope there are worse teams in the Premier League this season otherwise we may get relegated.

Twitchy? Yes with the negative shite we play, if Hughton doesn't change we are ****ed...

Lose at Huddersfield and the usual 0-0 at home to Palace.

I can't see us getting anything from either game unless our tactics change. We are almost always far too negative when we take to the pitch, especially in away games. I really think we could lose by three or four goals next weekend. although I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Yes, these 2 teams seem to generally get the better of us.

I suspect nul points vs Huddersfield for a start.

Huddersfield will play with too much energy and momentum for us to cope with. Can't defend 90 mins against that. Morale will be rock bottom by the time we place Palace so could go either way.

Watching Huddersfield today I think we will struggle unless we change our formation next Saturday

Best form of defence is attack so we will play 2 up top against Huddersfield and go for it
But in reality we will hang on for a point up there

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

May as well put the money on Huddersfield 2 - Brighton 0 now.

Zilcho points unless are gormless bunch work out which end they are meant to kick the ball. Just expect CH to put out a defensive team with ultra defensive tactics to boot. Mike Bailey got slated for exactly the same back when I was a teenager.

I gave up half way .....I guess no one factored in a sending off or that we would score two goals....hey isn't it good to be wrong

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I gave up half way .....I guess no one factored in a sending off or that we would score two goals....hey isn't it good to be wrong

Red card certainly helped. Could easily have been 3 down after 30 mins! Happy to be wrong though.

D

Deleted member 18477

That's why I never bet on Brighton, always the opposition... Win, win.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here