Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince to Swindon etc...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes. When seemingly the only reason he isn't now in prison is because of a loss of CCTV.
And his fingerprints not being found on the bottle.

And the expert saying the blood on his jacket might not have come from the attack but from after he was restrained.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes. When seemingly the only reason he isn't now in prison is because of a loss of CCTV.

It isn't just the CCTV, that is just police incompetence that they failed to secure it as evidence in time, chances are they have never even reviewed it and had they it could have changed the course of events anyway.

The forensics experts view was that the blood found on Ince's jacket would have got their when the bouncer came over to Ince while he was being restrained by the Police and isn't consistent with what she would expect to see if Ince had hit him. Also the fact that Inces finger prints were not found on the bits of the bottle also point to his innocence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It isn't just the CCTV, that is just police incompetence that they failed to secure it as evidence in time, chances are they have never even reviewed it and had they it could have changed the course of events anyway.

The forensics experts view was that the blood found on Ince's jacket would have got their when the bouncer came over to Ince while he was being restrained by the Police and isn't consistent with what she would expect to see if Ince had hit him. Also the fact that Inces finger prints were not found on the bits of the bottle also point to his innocence.

Yes having read the full description of the evidence, the forensic expert clears him. It makes you wonder why the CPS went to trial.

I hate to link to the Sun, but it is giving a full report.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/28717...ing-a-club-bouncer-in-a-christmas-day-attack/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
7 staples would all be put very near to each other and probably within about a 1 inch cut . I had 400 put in a 5 inch cut on my neck following my operation but it is all totally irrelevant and supposition as he was found not guilty.

The wound was 5-7cms long. You haven't read anything about the trial at all, have you?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Rohan Ince

Cleared of hitting a bouncer with a Jack Daniels bottle. (Argus) Speaking after the hearing , Rohan told waiting journalists: "I always knew I would be found not guilty because it was a vodka bottle what I used and I don't even like JD."

Last edited:

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Ince cleared

I hope the truth is it was mistaken identity. The police and the security guards were very sure who was the culprit and the evidence pointed in that way but he has been found not guilty. Hope he can put this behind him and get his career back on track.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I hope the truth is it was mistaken identity. The police and the security guards were very sure who was the culprit and the evidence pointed in that way but he has been found not guilty. Hope he can put this behind him and get his career back on track.

The evidence pointed that way? Are you taking the piss?

It was because of the testimony of the forensics that he was found not guilty - absence of expected blood traces on his clothes, and absence of his fingerprints on the bottle.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
The evidence pointed that way? Are you taking the piss?

It was because of the testimony of the forensics that he was found not guilty - absence of expected blood traces on his clothes, and absence of his fingerprints on the bottle.

If you read the court case you will read stated evidence of blood splatters on Ince's jacket, a jacket that matched the description of several witnesses. the splatters were said to have been more than a million to 1 shot that they weren't connected with the assault.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you read the court case you will read stated evidence of blood splatters on Ince's jacket, a jacket that matched the description of several witnesses. the splatters were said to have been more than a million to 1 shot that they weren't connected with the assault.

If you read the court case, the forensic expert said the blood could have been transferred by one of the police officers when Ince was being restrained. It was just one spot of blood, not splattered.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I have. The forensic EXPERT agreed that the small traces of blood on Ince's jacket were explainable by his contact with the injured man AFTER his arrest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here