Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale is back. March back in full training.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just cause Will Buckley isn't currently injured doesn't mean the club are fattening all the turkeys for christmas does it.
I can't properly debate this issue because it isn't one I'm committed too.
I do however fully agree with #46.

We all know the financial constraints at the club.
We all know who the biggest assets are.
We all know the limitations of the current squad.

With all those plates spinning, from the clubs perspective it wouldn't be prudent to be over protective of a sizable asset in late November.
If a move were to be player lead then late November would be the best time to prove yourself to your future employers.

Therefore although, as said, it's an incredibly cynical point of view, it's not so far fetched as Harty and Bozza concocting a story that improves sales and traffic :whistle: :lol:

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He SEEMS to do it, but apart from one time at Ipswich, you haven't named another occasion when he did it. Walton also conceded the second goal at Spurs by palming the ball back across the 6 yard box, but you've forgotten that too.

He has done more than once but only been punished with 1-goal ...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would it help Stockdale's popularity if he jogged around waving at everyone after the game and retweeted everytime a fan requests it? After all, CMS has been gash for nearly 3.5 seasons and people still adore him, Stockdale has had a slow start and seems to be public enemy number 3 ( 1 and 2 being Burke and Barber, obviously).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would help if he put in a performance akin to a £1m valued player. Unlike CMS he isnt played out of position or given lack of service, so he doesnt have that excuse. I am sure he will come good eventually but in the meantime we shall have to perservere with his errors how ever big or small.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would help if he put in a performance akin to a £1m valued player. Unlike CMS he isnt played out of position or given lack of service, so he doesnt have that excuse. I am sure he will come good eventually but in the meantime we shall have to perservere with his errors how ever big or small.

He will improve when you take your blinkers off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not wear blinkers only say it as I see it. He is an inferior expensive replacement for TK. It would help to send Walton out on loan sign Al Habsi out of contract, release Ankergren, and let Al Habsi and Stockdale fight for the no 1 jersey.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd rather have Stockdale than Al Habsi. Tendency to punch rather than catch, and distribution is worse (at Bournemouth he hoofed several goal kicks into the crowd).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I'd be happy to see CMS put in a performance of a £1m striker.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I do not wear blinkers only say it as I see it. He is an inferior expensive replacement for TK. It would help to send Walton out on loan sign Al Habsi out of contract, release Ankergren, and let Al Habsi and Stockdale fight for the no 1 jersey.

And the way you see it is very blinkered. Are you neglecting how out of form TK was last season, sloppy punching, kicking etc?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept that towards the end it seemed as if his head wasnt clear, as if he knew he wasnt going to be offered another contract, but even taking that into account over the season he was far better than Stockdale has been so far this season.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well reading through, my pennyworth...........I think we are pretty lucky. Last season, Kush was trailing off, which is why he has not moved on, and we had Casper and Pete. Now, Stockdale, Walton and Casper.
Dave was starting to settle in before he got injured, and Walton has been outstanding...so we have two good keepers.
Very harsh if Walton gets dropped, but then i can see him moving on to pastures new as a number two at a top club....so i think Stockdale will be our number 1 in time.
As for Walton, i can see him as a full England international in the future....in fact i might take a look at the odds of him being capped at senior level.
Best we get behind both keepers, i think we are in fairly safe hands atm.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well reading through, my pennyworth...........I think we are pretty lucky. Last season, Kush was trailing off, which is why he has not moved on, and we had Casper and Pete. Now, Stockdale, Walton and Casper.
Dave was starting to settle in before he got injured, and Walton has been outstanding...so we have two good keepers.
Very harsh if Walton gets dropped, but then i can see him moving on to pastures new as a number two at a top club....so i think Stockdale will be our number 1 in time.
As for Walton, i can see him as a full England international in the future....in fact i might take a look at the odds of him being capped at senior level.
Best we get behind both keepers, i think we are in fairly safe hands atm.

Good summary

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I accept that towards the end it seemed as if his head wasnt clear, as if he knew he wasnt going to be offered another contract, but even taking that into account over the season he was far better than Stockdale has been so far this season.

Exactly - so your comparing a whole season for TK to a few games for Stockdale. Either blinkered or blind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here