Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I may not be able to make it. I appear to have picked up a bit of a chest infection, and as you might remember, I'm often puffing on my inhaler anyway on a longer ride. I am gutted as I have cover for football training, but at the moment I don't think I could make it to the pier without coughing a lung up...:down:

Nothing like a ride to clear the chest :)

Go on, I'll cough along with you at the back. You'll feel a million dollars ;-)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I may not be able to make it. I appear to have picked up a bit of a chest infection, and as you might remember, I'm often puffing on my inhaler anyway on a longer ride. I am gutted as I have cover for football training, but at the moment I don't think I could make it to the pier without coughing a lung up...:down:

Please Bold I need as many people in front of Me to drag Me along.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Now just stop that!

Bold will be there I know. If G can ride a tour for Froome with a broken pelvis then I know Bold won't let a cough get in the way. Rule V. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see how you can miss the riding event of the year [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION].

With everyone vying for last in the chain, we should reach Hove by sundown.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Get yourself down there! We're not going to be putting the hammer down, despite what SB says, and we are heading way out West, so you'll not have far to go if you drop out.

People will start to think that you are a 'virtual construct'! :wink:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Did anyone else see ITV highlights of the Vuelta tonight? A fantastic bit about Rigoberto Uran at the start. He's my new favourite rider after that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing like a ride to clear the chest :)

Go on, I'll cough along with you at the back. You'll feel a million dollars ;-)

I don't see how you can miss the riding event of the year [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION].

With everyone vying for last in the chain, we should reach Hove by sundown.

Get yourself down there! We're not going to be putting the hammer down, despite what SB says, and we are heading way out West, so you'll not have far to go if you drop out.

People will start to think that you are a 'virtual construct'! :wink:

Well look, I'm going to dose up and go to bed early. If I do make it, I might meet you on the seafront road opposite the Fishersgate little park and football pitch opposite the refinery on the way to Shoreham just past the little industrial estate - you know, where they had the weird hex domed community centre they never opened. If you're leaving the pier around 8.30 or so, I'll make sure I'm there by 8.40. If I really am laid up, I'll text Pogue and accept the abuse!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well look, I'm going to dose up and go to bed early. If I do make it, I might meet you on the seafront road opposite the Fishersgate little park and football pitch opposite the refinery on the way to Shoreham just past the little industrial estate - you know, where they had the weird hex domed community centre they never opened. If you're leaving the pier around 8.30 or so, I'll make sure I'm there by 8.40. If I really am laid up, I'll text Pogue and accept the abuse!
Just remember no matter how you feel, you'll feel 10 times better when on the bike.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What if I made it 9am?

Thanks Hamilton, but SB has provided the answer for you.
Late morning, or better still, late afternoon/early evening is always my preferred ride times.

Judging by the fact he usually pops up here as I'm contemplating bed, I don't think 1066 is a morning person!
I am not a night person, I laugh in the face of 5am.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've been given permission to ride tomorrow! Gonna do Sunday too. Can't hit the coast though. Enjoy it chaps.

Is the REMF ride still on? Its gone pretty quiet.

I chuffing love the Vuelta me. That last up and down was bang on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did anyone else see ITV highlights of the Vuelta tonight? A fantastic bit about Rigoberto Uran at the start. He's my new favourite rider after that.

A good piece about Uran there. Sad to hear what happened to his father. Matt Rendall apparently put the piece together. He's a cracking reporter isn't he - proper maverick.

I'd like him to put a similar piece together on Bouhanni. Good to see him proving once again today that he's the best of the top flight pure sprinters for getting over bumps in the road. Anyway, I have this image in my head of Bouhanni growing up in some where like Marseille and having it pretty rough as a French Algerian starting out in the boxing ring. Rendall could get right inside his world and perhaps get a decent Rai soundtrack to the piece. The Uran piece could only have been bettered with some Cumbia chucked in there somewhere along the way.

Loved the make up of the break today. Good to see Cofidis finally get a stage win with Navarro, but I'd have liked the break to have stuck, even though it was a good finish still. Breakaway days with strong, often classics type, riders in there are my favourite stages to watch.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have a great time on your ride everybody. I am still at work :cry:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Have a good ride everyone, unfortunately it's a bit too far for me to come and join you. So I'm heading out into the Bedfordshire countryside in about 30 mins for a cheeky 30 miles.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have a good ride everyone, unfortunately it's a bit too far for me to come and join you. So I'm heading out into the Bedfordshire countryside in about 30 mins for a cheeky 30 miles.
I'm heading off in a minute. It should be fun, I hope Bold makes it.

We didn't arrange a secret handshake for the pier, so I could end up anywhere :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Shiiiiit. My bike is costing £165 to fix. Told you it was knackered!

Yeah, but under 50 metres down the road on your first ride back out you'll be realising it was money well spent.

Regarding next week's stage, ages ago [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] I think it was suggested a meat up to ride and then watch the pros belt past. I was up for that. Gone a bit quiet, so thought I'd better suggest we all pop down to the Mrs first. Amazingly, she's okay with it. So we'll be in town. Where might be a decent view point and is it worth attempting to coordinate a peppermint latte?

:safeway:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here