Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump, how long will he last?

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• End of the Jan

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • A year or two

Votes: 62 37.3%
  • Will lose in 2020

Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Full 8 years, the Yanks will love him

Votes: 35 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a feeling he'll upset someone or something and they will shoot him before his first term is up.

If he carries on with attacks on his own intelligence services I could see them leaking information that would leave Congress with no choice but to impeach him.

Republicans control both houses comfortably, impeachment won't happen in a million years- it's always a partisan attack on another party

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It would seem that Trump's biggest difficulty will be holding onto the support of the constituents he has appealed to.

He won the support of the rust belt by promising investment that will bring industry back. Putting aside the difficulty of any country doing this in opposition to the desires of international capital and the cut-throat approach of the Chinese, to do anything, he has to get agreement to, effectively Keynesian, economic proposals for investment in infrastructure from the market forces ideologs that control the houses. He seems to have made promises that he cannot deliver on. The test of his presidency at the ballot box would be how well he succeeds in blaming others for his inevitable failure to rewind America to 1950s prosperity.

Personally I wouldn't expect him to run for a second term. Like so many of his predecessors, he has been elected on the promise that he will change Washington. You can see how much trying to do this has aged Obama. who was 47 when he began. Trump is 70 and has no experience of Washington politics. It seems a toss up between whether it will break him, or whether he will realise what an easy job he had before being president and get out at the first opportunity. Given his reactions to criticism during the campaign, I think the stress will get him sooner rather than later.

President Pence anyone?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Republicans control both houses comfortably, impeachment won't happen in a million years- it's always a partisan attack on another party

the thing is he's an outsider, not really a Republican, and they dont really like him very much.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It would seem that Trump's biggest difficulty will be holding onto the support of the constituents he has appealed to.

He won the support of the rust belt by promising investment that will bring industry back.

Ford Motor Co (F.N) on Tuesday scrapped a planned Mexican car factory and added 700 jobs in Michigan following criticism by Donald Trump, as the U.S. president-elect turned his attention toward rival General Motors Co (GM.N) with the threat of a "big border tax" over compact cars made in Mexico.
Ford CEO Mark Fields called the move "a vote of confidence" in Trump.

The No. 2 U.S. automaker also said it would invest $700 million to expand the Flat Rock, Michigan factory and would make new electric, hybrid and autonomous vehicles there.
Trump's efforts to browbeat the U.S. car industry show he may go further than other modern presidents to try to influence corporate decisions, especially those related to trade and investment.
In a Twitter post hours before Ford's announcement, Trump wrote, "General Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to U.S. car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A. or pay big border tax!" GM, the largest U.S. automaker, said making some of the Cruze cars in the plant in Coahuila, Mexico was part of its strategy to serve global customers, not sell those vehicles in the United States.

Trump's GM tweet was his latest broadside aimed at an American company over jobs, imports and costs even before he takes office on Jan. 20

The extended family in Michigan who voted for Trump are hailing this as proof he will deliver.

We will see and only time will tell, he is a maverick and probably will press the self destruct button at some stage.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can see him taking a full term, but no more than that. I think a lot of people are now looking at the stability that Obama provided and are concerned about the future. Can genuinely see Michelle Obama running in 2020, she has the personal touch, yet has been a remarkably savvy first lady. Her v Trump? Not even a contest

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I can see him taking a full term, but no more than that. I think a lot of people are now looking at the stability that Obama provided and are concerned about the future. Can genuinely see Michelle Obama running in 2020, she has the personal touch, yet has been a remarkably savvy first lady. Her v Trump? Not even a contest

But the Democrats all told us all along people with no political background shouldn't be voted for. It's bad.

Michelle Obama fits that bill.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010

As much as I admire Michelle Obama, I don't think she'll pursue a career in politics for the reasons listed in the [real news] article below:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/11/michelle-obama-run-for-president-politics

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeah,Meryl Streeeeeeeeeeeeep loves her :lol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This is the party that won the majority of votes just two months ago

There's been talk of a third party in the US for decades, without it coming to anything. The last third party candidate to win an electoral college vote was George Wallace in 1968 ... and he got 13% of the vote. Since then, it's been even more skewed to the two main parties, there's not a hope in hell of a third party emerging

Might have won a slim majority of the total votes,but their representation is low,and getting lower,so their share of the Presidential vote means nothing at all.Would only take a rich donor to back the Libertarians for them to soar-think their vote share is going up quite nicely.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I get the impression he's a puppet with experienced Republicans pulling the strings. He'll remain as long as they have control of him.

Partly a puppet, partly a clown who will distract everyone's attention from some of the real business being done by these experienced Republicans and their partners in big business

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Might have won a slim majority of the total votes,but their representation is low,and getting lower,so their share of the Presidential vote means nothing at all.

that "slim" majority was 3million voters, or 5% over Trump vote, for a derided and passionately disliked candidate. dont think thats a dead party.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's a narcissist so will have been operating very effectively when he was coming in and out of the public eye as he wanted. He will now be required to live life in the public eye a lot more, something he won't like. They do not like being exposed on other people's terms. I predict one of two things will happen, he will come too close to being exposed as a full on fantasist/ narcissist and step down to avoid the public humiliation and slip back into conducting his affairs in private.
Or he will suffer a narcissistic injury when somebody finds out what pushes his buttons, lash out and expose himself for what he is and then be impeached.
Either is possible but my money is on the former. He'll **** off before he is fully exposed.
For clarity, by narcissist I don't mean he fancies himself a bit, I mean he has full blown Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Very dangerous but very easy to control once you have figured them out.

D

Deleted member 22389

I hope Trump makes America Great Again, because it seems to me the country has gone downhill. I'm hoping Trump with his Business experience will create millions of jobs for people. All this other shit is a side show that nobody really gives a shit about unless you don't like the bloke in the first place.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This is the party that won the majority of votes just two months ago

There's been talk of a third party in the US for decades, without it coming to anything. The last third party candidate to win an electoral college vote was George Wallace in 1968 ... and he got 13% of the vote. Since then, it's been even more skewed to the two main parties, there's not a hope in hell of a third party emerging

The Commission on Presidential Debates is highly biased and ensures it will only ever be a two horse race by requiring a 3rd party candidate to be polling 15% to get in on a debate.

Gary Johnson was polling around 11-12% in some polls and still couldn't get into the debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here