Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the quietest transfer window you can recall?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Now officially the busiest-ever January transfer window (in monetary terms) with 24hr+ to go.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just caught up with this.

Poor Steve Foster has dropped the ball, then tried to pick it up but realised too late that the ball was actually a massive EGG which is now all over his FACE.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Now officially the busiest-ever January transfer window (in monetary terms) with 24hr+ to go.

That seems to be the direction of things, so the monetary terms won't exactly be the best way of measuring such things.
It's a little bit like the Tories constantly repeating that they're spending record amounts on the NHS (and not being challenged on it -- it fails to take into account inflation, the % of GDP spent on healthcare, the fall in that % when compared to similar nations, and the fact that demand has been rising significantly due to better medication, an ageing population, etc).
But, back to the transfer window, my impression is that it started off very slowly, has burst into life yesterday and today, and will go out with a bit of a whimper tomorrow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bozza will have to start a number of these threads to keep the click bait going as regrettably, as I said before Christmas, BHA are not in any meaningful talks with any meaningful players to join us in January. Regrettably the position as at last weekend is still the same.

You know that for sure, do you?

... unfortunately I do - I wish I could give a glimmer of hope for new faces coming over the horizon, but it is not & never was, going to happen

How do you know?

I can’t say on a public forum - just sit back, expect nothing & we won’t be disappointed. It will all wash out in the public forum by the end of the season

What an absolute BELLEND.

You might be NSCs self-proclaimed richest poster (congratulations by the way) but clearly the important, high-level contacts that you think you have, don't trust you for shit.

If this proves to be true, then respect for your sources. If not. I hope you get banned because you will have proven to be a faux-insider bullshit, attention seeker.

We'd have to ban quite a lot of people if we took that stance. Folk will remember, though.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed as that never happens normally in football. Teams always stay in the same order. The Huddersfield obsession from some on here is a joke. They have done okay but are dropping like us. Either or both of us could easily go down. I would be surprised if neither of us do

Let's all hold fire on that either way, come May.

If Hudd stay up and we drop, it's a fair discussion. TB would be the first to admit relegation after one season, following the euphoria last Easter, would be a hammer blow. To him more than any one as he's the bloke who bank rolls Championship football for us.

But the other way round, TB and PB will deserve huge credit for holding their nerve.

p.s. If Hudd beat imploding Liverpool tonight, they might go top half!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That seems to be the direction of things, so the monetary terms won't exactly be the best way of measuring such things.
It's a little bit like the Tories constantly repeating that they're spending record amounts on the NHS (and not being challenged on it -- it fails to take into account inflation, the % of GDP spent on healthcare, the fall in that % when compared to similar nations, and the fact that demand has been rising significantly due to better medication, an ageing population, etc).

It would be a "little bit" like that if it was a few percent. Fairly sure the January record will be SMASHED.

But, back to the transfer window, my impression is that it started off very slowly, has burst into life yesterday and today, and will go out with a bit of a whimper tomorrow.

Coutinho (£145m), Van Dijk (£75m), Barkley (£15m), Coquelin (£12m), Walcott (£20m) etc didn't count?!

I don't think total spend is in any way a valid metric of "busy".

There are way more high-profile signings this season. Top six didn't do much business last January.

But feel free to count total number (inc loans etc) tomorrow if that floats your boat. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here