Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Darts girls face axe

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why does it matter to you? Stop being such a snowflake about the whole issue. You can still watch darts without having to oggle some girl in hot pants.

I always thought darts was incredibly boring to watch on TV but if there are girls in hot pants appearing alongside the normal fat, sweating, beer swilling darts players then count me in!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
these woman choose to do it, they are not forced, people need to get a grip

Honestly. How can so many people miss the point here? They are not being axed because anyone feels they are being exploited. It's because people feel it's all a bit seedy and all a bit out of date. Seriously, if a woman want to trot about wearing next to nothing, there's are plenty of places she'll be able to. If some blokes want to go and watch them, they'll be able to. Nothing has she been banned. People need to get a grip.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
People are actually signing a petition to get them back. Signed in drool.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
So as a publicity stunt a privately run entertainment company has made the decision to stop having scantily clad young ladies accompany their top athletes into the sporting arena. No ones forced them to do it and they can easily reverse the decision should they wish to generate some more publicity and somehow the usual nutters are screaming like it;s the end of the world. Look guys if you need to stare at tits there's a whole internet of boobies out there or alternatively most darts players are at least a c cup themselves .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
SJW's need to chill out, if these woman didnt want to do it, they wouldnt, same as grid girls in F1, same as page 3 girls etc

But that’s not the point is it? It’s about the effect that the use of the girls has an our attitude towards women. I assume people can still watch darts without having to oggle at girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I do find grid-girls etc. a bit cringe-worthy,but torn between 'Ban them,it's dated and sexist' and 'They make bloody good money out of it'.:(

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
You’ll have to point me towards the flagrant and systematic use of men to sell sports to a predominantly female audience please. Come on US, you know as well as I that darts, boxing, cycling etc have basically used young women for a reason on their podiums. There just isn’t the same use of men in tight speedos. Can’t we please all accept that it’s outdated and it’s disrespectful?

What about for selling yoghurt?

[tweet]635982430868893696[/tweet]

Is this outdated and disrespectful? What about the diet coke adverts? How about this Paco Rabanne ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9H2fZL1QU

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What about for selling yoghurt?

[tweet]635982430868893696[/tweet]

Is this outdated and disrespectful? What about the diet coke adverts? How about this Paco Rabanne ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9H2fZL1QU

Oh please.

We are living in dreamland if we think the poor male image has been used and abused as much as the female image has down the years.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Too young to understand the difference between calling someone a twonk and calling them a rapist? Make up your mind have I said it or insinuated it? I'd like to know please. Don't assume to tell me what I mean to say. Especially when you barely seem to know what you are saying. If you take offence at anything you read on here try and take offence at what they have actually said, not what you wrongly assume they have said.

"Explain what you mean in detail while I do nothing of the sort and continue to make bigoted sweeping statements".

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Society is changing very very fast with extreme liberalism views being put into place.The country is run by these types and the next generation are being brainwashed at a rate of knots in universities as we speak.
This country has no direction or backbone and is constantly looked at as a soft touch and rightly so and this is why liberalism will eventually destroy everything that was great about this country.The sense of humour is disappearing as people just don't know what's offensive and what's not....these hideous snowflakes/liberals would run a mile if we went to war and would cry like little babies because they've been pampered and smothered for most of their lives.

It's just the beginning of what's coming sadly !!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I do find grid-girls etc. a bit cringe-worthy,but torn between 'Ban them,it's dated and sexist' and 'They make bloody good money out of it'.:(

I understand the question you are asking. The question for me is, if stood there with your grand daughter (for sake of example), what is it saying to her about the value of her gender. That for me is the question.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Explain what you mean in detail while I do nothing of the sort and continue to make bigoted sweeping statements".

I was asking what you thought I was too frightened to admit to typing?
If you take a breath, calm down and read and understand what people are actually saying you might find there is no need to get yourself into such a funkle.
I'll repeat. I have no issue with women who want to do this, none at all. I find it odd that anyone would get so upset when they decide not to employ them anymore. I think men who watching sport so they can ogle women are a bit sad. I didn't say they were rapists.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Society is changing very very fast with extreme liberalism views being put into place.The country is run by these types and the next generation are being brainwashed at a rate of knots in universities as we speak.
This country has no direction or backbone and is constantly looked at as a soft touch and rightly so and this is why liberalism will eventually destroy everything that was great about this country.The sense of humour is disappearing as people just don't know what's offensive and what's not....these hideous snowflakes/liberals would run a mile if we went to war and would cry like little babies because they've been pampered and smothered for most of their lives.

It's just the beginning of what's coming sadly !!!
I didn't realise Barry Hearn ran the country?

D

Deleted member 22389

How about they just leave things alone. It doesn't hurt anyone. Wish people would stop trying to change everything and trying to create this perfect world.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Look, if you miss them so much why don't you get your daughters and wives and granddaughters and get them in to some bikinis and basques and take them down to your local pub on darts night and they can hang around by the board. When they come out you and your mates and strangers at the bar can wolf whistle and cheer as your daughter sticks her arse out for the baying locals. Sounds alright doesn't it.

Or you could simply decide not to, just like Barry Hearn has done. Sorry to break it to you folks, there ain't gonna be a referendum on every single decision from now on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here