Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
My (very) simplistic view on the night's results :
The Tories lost seats because Aunty Theresa simply cannot think on her feet and is a poor speaker
The Labour Party gained seats because Jezza is a rabble rouser and a good orator
The UKIP vote collapsed because that ship has sailed - one policy party
The SNP lost seats because the Scots don't really want to leave the Union

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree with Ken Clarke last night: we should never have a referendum again. The binary approach to our representative democracy is a wrecker of stability within our political system.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure I can face another election later this year which must be a guaranteed
This is the first time I noticed so much on line abuse and name calling to people whose opinion may differ to theirs.
I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I was brought to believe you accepts others views even if they are different.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In fairness to the UK electorate last night's result was a sophisticated and finely balanced response to, and a fair reflection of, the fact that neither May nor Corbyn are capable of providing the necessary leadership of this country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not healthy to read the hatred, even from mates of mates. A more balanced and happier world to cut those ties. Too many internet dicks typing away, their hatred towards figures with opposing views way out of all proportion to the reality, when you think there are people living here who truly hate and want to bomb us.

Other than NSC, I blank those haters out.
Spot on. I need to do some unfollowing......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

It is a mess, but a mess entirely of May's making.

A lot of those that voted and made the difference will be young people and they won't really have the maturity and experience to put this in context (as I would not at that age) so unfortunately we will see (are seeing I assume) some pretty upleasant and nasty reactions on social media. But in my view this in large part is balanced by the unbelievable level of abuse and bile poured on Corbyn - and anyone who supported him, by 'mainstream' papers. In contrast to the young individuals getting carried away on social media, the newspapers really should know better but chose to use negative and, at times, disgusting tactics in their desparation to keep the government in place that they know they can control.

In contrast Corbyn and those around him have been pretty restrained in their responses, both throughout the campaign and now in what really feels like victory.

Anyone that thinks 'nothing has really changed' REALLY hasn't been paying attention.

Everything has changed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree with Ken Clarke last night: we should never have a referendum again. The binary approach to our representative democracy is a wrecker of stability within our political system.

Absolutely this [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite. If you look it up in the dictionary, aside from its medical term, it is also "an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate." and this is clearly the context in which Colossal Squid used the term.

So you would be happy with a world where your opponents described you and your beliefs in those terms ? Better to be the mature one, surely.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

It must be time for a significant change to our voting system such as PR.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Why does the Labour Party have an element of supporters who are "hate filled" and bitter and that are unable to accept that others have views different to theirs? Tantamount to extremism. Sad really.

I take it you haven't seen any of the Tory press in recent days. Pretty hate filled by anyones standards.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why do Labour soundbites keep coming out saying they are prepared to form a minority government. It simply will not happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you would be happy with a world where your opponents described you and your beliefs in those terms ? Better to be the mature one, surely.

I'm merely saying that it's a legitimate term to use for something one feels is "an evil destructive practice." Being honest I wouldn't use the term for this but can understand why some might. I'd be comfortable to use it to describe ISIS though. This is all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Twenty percent and you f***ed it up....'

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just woke up. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahha.

Bye bye Mrs May. You ****ing ****.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not sure I can face another election later this year which must be a guaranteed
This is the first time I noticed so much on line abuse and name calling to people whose opinion may differ to theirs.
I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I was brought to believe you accepts others views even if they are different.

You haven't been on here long enough !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here