Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
As others have said he needed a longer run in the team to learn and carve out a role, but we don't have that luxury. He certainly has the ability, and in the right team set up I think he could still excel.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A midfielder who looks uncomfortable passing or controlling the ball is never a GREAT start.

But then, he's really big isn't he.....which apparently makes up for the lack of footballing ability in this footballer....who kicks a ball with his foot.

Still, it's difficult to get in the Fulham team. They are really quite good.

#SarcasticFriday

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You mean like Dunk, who never has a bad game, Stockdale, who never slips up, or Hemed, who never misses. What he can't do is play centre mid as well as Stephens or Kayal, yet.

Don't put words in my post, that aren't intended. No, I didn't mean that.

Lush

Mods' Pet
One crappy back pass and he's gone from Viera to Scarer in some people's minds. I still remember how well he did against Arsenal. Just needs his confidence back and a good run in a team. I don't think he's Hughton's type of player though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don't put words in my post, that aren't intended. No, I didn't mean that.

Sorry, my post was a bit blunt. My point is he has always been dropped after a poor performance, whilst others who have been under par have had an opportunity to get over it, in Dunks case, quite a few times. I don't know if this is because he gets despondent and can't pick himself back up, whilst those others appear to be able to put it behind them, or if management just lose faith in him.
I think he is an awkward looking footballer, and can appear to be less comfortable on the ball than he is. He has made some mistakes, and had one or two bad games, but he is a young player, and consistency is often an issue for players early on in their careers. He has also had a few MOM performances, playing a position he had never played during his youth career at Chelsea. I think he has huge potential, but will find it hard to get the game time he needs to develop here, at the moment.
I would like to hang on to him, but it would probably be better for him to move on, or take a season long loan somewhere where he will get more games.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
One crappy back pass and he's gone from Viera to Scarer in some people's minds. I still remember how well he did against Arsenal. Just needs his confidence back and a good run in a team. I don't think he's Hughton's type of player though.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I can remember another crappy back pass which led to a corner and a Norwich goal, a couple of years ago. He has talent but sometimes makes stupid decisions when in possession of the ball.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think you've been misled about the concept of "tongue-in-cheek" humour. Don't worry about it though, that job of scouting players alongside BensGrandad will pay well enough that you won't be judged on your wacky sense of humour.

It's you that have been mislead* in more ways than one. No further scouting needed, i'm sure you and CH are planning a sparkling return for him next season in the stripes after his development at Fulham.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here