Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy & Dunk’s incredible blocks....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would not swap either of them for any other defender in the Premier League. There is NOBODY I would rather have at CB than these two.

Unfortunately, as an established Premier League team in 10th place with an outstanding centre back partnership, there are some bigger fish who would happily swap Dunk, Duffy or both for well over £20m.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Unfortunately, as an established Premier League team in 10th place with an outstanding centre back partnership, there are some bigger fish who would happily swap Dunk, Duffy or both for well over £20m.
Yes, clearly established PL team Crystal Palace will be sniffing around.

Oh no......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The pair were truely amazing vs West Ham and have developed an incredible relationship together but when one doesn't play whoever is brought it has seemed to do equally as wonderful a job.

This suggests to me that although they have some excellent qualities as defenders it's the way the team is set up that helps highlight their individual qualities & if we were to sell either I believe CH would find a suitable replacement.

It's similar to how A.Madrid generate outstanding centre forwards, no matter who they sell the next chap gets put into the team and a few seasons down the line he is worth a fortune

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Although these two are brilliant and are clearly two of our best players I feel that some posters are going a bit ott. I think I would swap Dunk and Duffy for Alderweireld and Sanchez who were sublime and only let one goal in away to Real Madrid!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A West Ham fan on talksport this morning said it was like watching Ferdinand and Terry playing for England, both put their bodies on the line to block anything going towards our goal.

He also said that Propper and Stephens didn't give them a second on the ball.

I think we could be getting calls in January for one or both. If Dunk moves to Liverpool or similar it will guarantee his place on the plane with England in the summer.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A few West Ham fans would like either or both of them. This will increase as the season progresses and umpteen scouts come looking at these previously unknown players

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well, there may be offers that cannot be refused. But we have to wait for next summer for that. We can be confident nothing will be accepted prior.

Even then, surely they are priceless. What could you buy that would be better, even with £60M?

(Each)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why do "Fans" want to sell our players all the time. Has the Club shown signs of being a bit skint, do the speculated about players want away? What are we, a retail organisation running on a profit margin or a football Club which more often than not is a pleasure to watch because of the Team.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
How f**kin’ awesome is their blocking!!!
The most hardcore defensive partnership I’ve seen in the 39 years I’ve been supporting....deserves its own thread....so here it is....

If they carry on the with the same form, and we got an offer for both. What would be the minimum we would accept for them in today's market?

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Just stumbled across this awesome picture of Duffy against Everton on SeagullsPics.com. Absolutely perfect!

brighton-and-hove-albion-v-everton-premier-13988520.jpg

(image available from https://www.seagullspics.com/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-everton-premier/print/13988520.html)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If they carry on the with the same form, and we got an offer for both. What would be the minimum we would accept for them in today's market?

60m each upfront extra 10m for Dunk if he lowers himself and players for Engalnd

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Depends entirely if we stayed up or not.

If we were relegated then you'd be looking at 20-25m each.

Survival and you can probably add another 15m on that.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I forgot to mention this earlier and am surprised nobody else has picked up on it.

After t'Albion Sky went to some Max Rushden guff.

Him in a 'pub' talking through the game with Danny Murphy and Dean Ashton.

Ashton said words to the effect of:-

'Dunk & Duffy weren't that good, West Ham just weren't smart enough to play round them'. :ohmy:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What is also noteworthy IMO is that on the very odd occasion one slips up or similar the other one is straight on the case backing them up.

As a pair they are very impressive and even more than the sum of their parts.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
They seem to throw their bodies in the way of oncoming shots in every game. If someone's able to put together a compilation video of all the times Dunk and Duffy put their bodies on the line to block a shot, that would look incredible. Absolute warriors. It's in stark contrast to some players in the premier league who look indifferent about their teams success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here