Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Which Kodi add-on is best for football streams?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
As far as I know they are all much of a muchness. Had mine nearly 2 years now and still working as well as it was then. Took a peek at Amazon and this looks OK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-Marshmallow-Tonbux-Amlogic-Streaming/dp/B01GJNTZP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481908301&sr=8-1&keywords=kodi

I woukldn't bother with anything pre loaded, most of it is just junk, indeed I factory reset mine when I first got it. I survive pretty well on 3 'apps'. For Movies and Box sets use Exodus, For Sport use Sportsdevil and if you ever want live TV (when abroad perhaps) then use NotFilmOn

It can be a bit intimidating when you first start but it soon becomes obvious. When installing those apps google 'Exodus for Kodi', 'Sportsdevil for Kodi' etc and at the top of your results page will always be something that says SEOMichael ... hit his link and he explains it so a 3 year old could do it. From plugging in to getting going should be no more than 10 minutes

If you IP is blocking then you can change the settings in your router dead easy, depending on who it is (mine is BT Internet) you'll need to Google for answers

Sport takes a bit of patience, I can now watch any game in pretty good quality (Movies and Box Sets are HD but live sport rarely is) but it takes a bit of trial and error to find your way around and where to go for the best and most reliable pictures. I know of others that have chucked their boxes out in frustration but Google and SEO Michael will always help!

Others above talking about Modbro but it's not one I use or see any need to use, have tried it before and found it awkward

[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] is a bit of an expert and I'll always try to help anyone if I can

Good luck

Pretty much everything you said. Especially resetting the box, what people have to think about is that those addons were loaded on months, if not years ago. Also kodi does not automatically update so you may even have an outdated version of kodi.

Mobdro- can easily be put on the box with an apk, but personally I don't like it. Very laggy at times.

Other apps- iPlayer and indeed all the other catch up TV apps can be added. But I find them pointless (apart from iPlayer) as can watch them all on exodus anyway and I hate adverts.

Sources- I personally only use exodus and sportsdevil, an always find a stream and never have trouble.

Lagging/cutting out- I used to have programmes lag, cut out completely or could not access the stream to start with. I went back to the main menu one day and found that my WiFi signal to the box had dropped from 5 to 1 bands. Disconnecting and then reconnecting solves all this. Best thing to do is connect via ethernet cable and all problems seem to be solved.

Football streams(especially 3 o'clock kick off)- I always look for a stream that is from NBCSN(American), they are by far the best quality streams, in my opinion.

Choice of box-A standard android box(which I have) is no more than £22(sometimes cheaper) and even cheaper direct from China, but takes weeks to come. A mid range box is anywhere from £35 and if you want to go all out then buy an Nvidia sheild. Never felt the need to upgrade my box though as never had problems.
I always reset the box when I first get them and have got setting it back up down to about five minutes. I have maybe ordered fifty in the last six months(for others) and genuinely see no difference between the boxes.

Kodi vs sky-Obviously sky/BT is better than kodi for live streams, but then again they don't have the 3pm games. But kodi is FAR better for on demand movies and TV programmes. I dread to think how much I would have had to have paid Sky, BT, Amazon and cinemas for the movies/sports/boxsets I have watched. I now only watch iPlayer and Kodi.
Overall kodi is brilliant if maintained properly.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] I have a Kodi mbox and 123movies works fine, the repo updates etc. But I tried to set it up on my dads box, and I could install the repo but the file didn't work when enabling the addon. I then I tried to install from a zip from SEO Micheal. Any ideas? I love 123movies, click and play. Cheers for any help.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] I have a Kodi mbox and 123movies works fine, the repo updates etc. But I tried to set it up on my dads box, and I could install the repo but the file didn't work when enabling the addon. I then I tried to install from a zip from SEO Micheal. Any ideas? I love 123movies, click and play. Cheers for any help.

Give me twenty minutes and I will install it etc and see what could be wrong.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

The muckyduck repo is actually down at the moment so cannot install as normal. Also the zip file is corrupt for some reason.The man behind the muckyrepo has recently lost his mother to cancer, so the repo is taking a back seat at the moment.
Install exodus for your dad, it really is better IMO

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The muckyduck repo is actually down at the moment so cannot install as normal. Also the zip file is corrupt for some reason.The man behind the muckyrepo has recently lost his mother to cancer, so the repo is taking a back seat at the moment.
Install exodus for your dad, it really is better IMO

Cheers Swillis, I appreciate the help. Yes I have installed exodus. But I do love the click and play aspect of 123Movies. I just don't get why it works on my box, but not for new installs. Strange.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Cheers Swillis, I appreciate the help. Yes I have installed exodus. But I do love the click and play aspect of 123Movies. I just don't get why it works on my box, but not for new installs. Strange.

A repo is basically a scraper, a bit like Google scrapes the internet to bring up search results a kodi repo(movie one) scrapes the internet for movie streams. All it actually does is direct your box to the correct stream. He has probably manually taken the repo down from his server has no time to update it etc but existing users will still be able to use it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A repo is basically a scraper, a bit like Google scrapes the internet to bring up search results a kodi repo(movie one) scrapes the internet for movie streams. All it actually does is direct your box to the correct stream. He has probably manually taken the repo down from his server has no time to update it etc but existing users will still be able to use it.

Ah ok! I get it now. Look I really appreciate the help, you've saved me a couple of hours trying to sort it out tomorrow!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Just got a MXQ 4K box and installed the recommended items. Unfortunately it won't play anything. I turned off my Sky shield. Help!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just got a MXQ 4K box and installed the recommended items. Unfortunately it won't play anything. I turned off my Sky shield. Help!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Difficult to help without knowing what's showing up

Assume it's connected to Internet ??? Which version of Kodi? Should be 16.1

Don't try to instal loads. Just start with Exodus, the most reliable. Follow what this fella says

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

What error messages are you getting when trying to run Exodus?

Hopefully [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] will be by, he's the expert

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Any decent places to watch cinema movies? Keen for Bad Santa 2.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

It's on Exodus but only on Camera recording ... too new I guess. Generally don't show up in HD till 6-8 weeks after release

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Ah ok! I get it now. Look I really appreciate the help, you've saved me a couple of hours trying to sort it out tomorrow!

123 movies now working again and can be downloaded for your dad. If yours has stopped working, reinstall from the repo again as I believe the settings have been updated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here