Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading FC co-chairwoman has written the Royals a new club anthem

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I want to see this video properly, so I can hear it and see the words to sing along.

Its not even on the Reading FC official site. What gives ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As much as I find this really funny, the Reading fans I know are very very embarrassed about this. They are good people and I do feel a little sorry for them.
lol. Just laugh at them. It's not the end of the world, the owner (and she's not alone) doesn't understand British culture, and particularly football culture. The worst part is that no one at the club felt able to advise the owners that it was a bad idea. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Out of touch owner makes honest mistake, no biggie.

She might still be completely unaware what she's done wrong, but it doesn't matter.

Like we had clackers at a game - bit shit, didn't do it again. We had the words to our songs up against Liverpool - I died a little inside, but at least the club realised it was a mistake and haven't done it since.

Palace had goal music at one of their games, and even read out players first names so that the crowd could shout the surname, but they realised it was naff and embarrassing, and didn't do it again. No wait...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Don't like being mocked, do they? But there's endless opportunities to do so.

Brighton - the biggest bunch of ****tards you could ever have the displeasure to meet.

They have never ever won a thing and have been as s hit as us for most of their existence yet somehow hold the belief they are the Real Madrid of the south. They look at Reading and hate everything about us yet secretly (they won't admit it) they are becoming us.

Plastic stadium, new fans, glory hunters they yelled at us as they were getting soaked at their running track with 6,000 others (that didn't sell out every week).

LOL we are still the club Brighton wish they were

As if we care what a bunch of ****ing queers think of us

Come back when you've been a PL club

Would anyone like to openly admit wishing they were Reading?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't like being mocked, do they? But there's endless opportunities to do so.

giphy.gif

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think it's a work of GENIUS. Play something so excruciating embarrassing that even the most taciturn of supporter wants to sing their lungs out to drown it out and then you ensure that the famous Reading INTIMIDATING atmosphere is in full effect.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think it sounds a bit like the worst song Julian Cope could have written in 1986

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
lol. Just laugh at them. It's not the end of the world, the owner (and she's not alone) doesn't understand British culture, and particularly football culture. The worst part is that no one at the club felt able to advise the owners that it was a bad idea. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Out of touch owner makes honest mistake, no biggie.

She might still be completely unaware what she's done wrong, but it doesn't matter.

Like we had clackers at a game - bit shit, didn't do it again. We had the words to our songs up against Liverpool - I died a little inside, but at least the club realised it was a mistake and haven't done it since.

Palace had goal music at one of their games, and even read out players first names so that the crowd could shout the surname, but they realised it was naff and embarrassing, and didn't do it again. No wait...
I hated GOSBTS words up on the big screen proper proper cringe.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I want to see this video properly, so I can hear it and see the words to sing along.

Its not even on the Reading FC official site. What gives ?

After the rapturous reception at the ground I imagine they are now embroiled in a fierce bidding war with numerous record labels for the rights to what can only be described as the most compelling representation of football culture since 3 lions

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thoroughly enjoying winding up the Reading fans in the office. They claimed it was fine .. then I saw the videos.

It is rather amusing, I work in the shadow of the staidum and dislike the club immensely (mainly because the first time I came to Reading was to witness the 5-1/Dave Kitsons Olympic Diving try out)

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Only fair to say that a lot of their fans are as embarrassed about their club's North Korean-style atmosphere factory as we would be. But this page from their site is a most entertaining read. They were none too impressed with the Dear (but very rich) Leader's efforts.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Only fair to say that a lot of their fans are as embarrassed about their club's North Korean-style atmosphere factory as we would be. But this page from their site is a most entertaining read. They were none too impressed with the Dear (but very rich) Leader's efforts.

I see they have a filter that changes **** or ****ing to 'Oxf*rd' on their forum.. Even Oxford don't give an 'Oxf*rd' about them, their main rivals are Swindon without a doubt.

Poor old Reading, they're so tinpot that nobody can even bring themselves to be rivals with them :lolol:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What a thread. Not laughed so much for a while. NSC Gold? The 2014 "Pitch Invasion", followed by a slow trudge back to the stands - tears had started to form. I can't stop smiling. My cheeks are aching. After a bad day a work, thank you Reading. The gift that keeps giving.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
They're going to go up and down the country to find out which is the best club. They did Reading and Wycombe, they didn't even get off the M4.

Funny that Reading fans come up with the conclusion that their club is no 1 based on a comparison between them and Wycombe Wanderers. If Brighton as a club did not exist in any guise, then given a choice of Wycombe or Reading as a club to follow, then I would choose Wycombe every time. Proper club, with a proper ground that fits their fan base and up and down between leagues like a yo yo, so lots of Brighton style depression mix with small amount of elation. I lived in High Wycombe for a number of years as well. I could never support Reading even though I have lived here longer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I see they have a filter that changes **** or ****ing to 'Oxf*rd' on their forum.. Even Oxford don't give an 'Oxf*rd' about them, their main rivals are Swindon without a doubt.

Poor old Reading, they're so tinpot that nobody can even bring themselves to be rivals with them :lolol:
I still think reading and Oxford should have been arch rivals...both in the Thames valley and Swindon are West Country bumpkins to be frank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here