Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Family Holiday Destinations

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The Vendee region of France has done us from tot to teens for many years and the girls still look forward to going there. Off again in the Summer for (I think) the 12th year.

Ticks boxes regarding water parks, beaches and other items of interests and you will also be able to visit Puy du Fou - a theme park experience like no other, and visit the Ile de Re, make a fuss of the donkeys there and eat the fab ice creams. You may even spot the street that features in "Two Professors" postings!

Good shout, this. Vendee Region and Puy du Fou, that is. (Center Parcs option too)

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Cabopino Costa Del Sol.
Nice small place, beach, restaurants with good food and family type places.
Loads of kids playing safely at night.
Close to Marbella, short trip to great water park at Fuengirola.
Closeish to airport, loads of flights to Malaga.
There are lots of villas and a few hotels, one right by the harbour is very nice.
The kids seemed to love it there and it changed my view on the Costa Del Sol although Cabapino is the only place I would go to apart from Malaga.

I was in that area last year.I took a risk and booked Torremolinos.Somewhere I would never have considered if going on holiday with a partner.However I was pleasantly surprised. Not a big fan of the crushed stone beaches.Prefer Sand.

It's actually quite hard to find a family resort that ticks all the boxes although I am very fussy.I could be lazy and go back to somewhere I've been before and had a great time.Riccione in Italy was great so was Salou.However it's always nice to try something new.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cabopino Costa Del Sol.
Nice small place, beach, restaurants with good food and family type places.
Loads of kids playing safely at night.
Close to Marbella, short trip to great water park at Fuengirola.
Closeish to airport, loads of flights to Malaga.
There are lots of villas and a few hotels, one right by the harbour is very nice.
The kids seemed to love it there and it changed my view on the Costa Del Sol although Cabapino is the only place I would go to apart from Malaga.

Very, very nice. Spot on. We stayed in a holiday let about a mile from the harbour (up a bloody big hill) 3-4 years ago. As long as you’ve got a car it’s fantastic.

Fuengirola, Torremolinos and other nearby ‘resorts’ are colossal shitholes by comparison.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
With the kids getting a bit older now - they'll be 16 and 13 in the summer - we're going a bit more adventurous and heading for the Moon Palace, in Cancun. Always, ALWAYS wanted to go to Mexico, so I'm bursting with excitement.

Fantastic choice, great place and even has its own Flowrider on site...hours of fun to be had on that thing.

Also, one of the better theme park experiences we have ever had is at this place,

http://www.xplor.travel/en/xplor-park/

A solid 5 hours of non stop outdoor stuff, do it at night and zip line through fire, swim in natural caves underground, take some water shoes and a go pro, seriously cool place. We are going back to Moon Palace this summer and taking some good friends with us, just to do xplor again.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Interested in your plans for the West Coast as I’m contemplating something similar for the Summer, although probably for a little longer.

I really fancy getting a motorhome and spending the whole school Summer holiday in that part of the world, also taking in Yosemite - won’t be one for this year though.

Any questions fellas, don't be afraid to ask.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Errrr maybe not quite suitable for my 8 year old son:shrug:

I stayed a couple of years ago at the olympic lagoon on landa beach which was nice & absolutely fine. My kids (6&4 at the time) quite enjoyed walking round the bay to nissi beach & enjoying the music & visiting napa in the evenings. I wouldn't go again - but still was good family holiday.

Best family holidays we've had were: asturias / ribadeo, barut lara - turkey antalya & thailand - koh jum & lanta

Anywhere warm (not too hot) with either good pool or gently sloping beach & warmish water keeps us happy

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Is it your first visit? Fantastic place. Happy to provide any pointers - it's a place where planning ahead of time really does pay dividends.

Thank you for your offer. I have read some of your posts re Orlando and as a seasoned visitor myself I have still picked up useful pointers. I have to go every year for work, (flying next Monday) usually find time to visit a couple of parks while I'm there in between work and golf... So am pretty familiar with the lie of the land.

Took littleun 5 years ago so expecting a different experience this time round.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nice to see so many wonderful holidays being planned by the good folk of NSC in these so called austere times.
Either those going to Bognor or Skegness don't post or we are all comfortably off.:lolol::cool:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Where are you going this summer?
Where have you been?
Where do you recommend?

Somewhere by the beach,with a nearby waterpark and theme park?
Somewhere not popular with ISIS or northern Brits?

I think the Northerners could be a stumbling block.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here