Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull versus Monkman Univ Challenge tonight

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Final score is Seagull 140, Monkman 170, Frutos 45 (ish).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The only other one I got was Habeus Corpus. I did say Gannymede for the moons but for the wrong question.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Monkman is very clever though and seems to know a frightening amount of british history for non-Brit.

I would have got the last 3 questions right but the gong went. I got Kimberley.

Is this last years series though?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not a bad effort.

I only managed 15.
It very much depends on how the questions fall - its always going to vary as to how many fall into your area of knowledge/guesswork.

It was a good warm up for the real intellectual stuff on Friday night though. :thumbsup:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Some fine jumpers on display tonight. Got about 6 questions right tonight. More of an 'Only Connect' man myself with my strength being the 'missing vowels' round at the end

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Some fine jumpers on display tonight. Got about 6 questions right tonight. More of an 'Only Connect' man myself with my strength being the 'missing vowels' round at the end

I do like a bit of Only Connect as well - I'm best at the Missing Vowels too. I enjoy the rest, but some of the connections, especially in the first two rounds, absolutely baffle me. There is some serious brainpower going in to coming up with those questions.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I can never answer the classical stuff but usually good on the rare occasions they venture into more contemporary music.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Monkman scares me!

He does look scary. :eek:

image.jpg

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'll bet that shouty Monkman is hated in his class at university
Now that we're getting to the business end of University Challenge a lot of the questions are way beyond me - especially the science type questions. I did OK on the National Parks and silent films questions and the art.
Only Connect is devised by sadists - again now we're at the business end of the series there's little that I can get right.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So, a defeat for Monkman et al in tonight's Final.

From the looks on some of the faces during the trophy presentation, I think they were more thrilled about meeting Stephen Hawking (they filmed the trophy presentation seperately at the Cambridge college of which he is a fellow, and he said a few words) than the outcome of the match - I reckon I'd have been exactly the same.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The 'first and last' pub in costa adeje put the Leeds vs, Albion match on there for me specially - even tho' most people
were watching the rugby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here