Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan issued with five game ban after social media post

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I havent checked the previous 17 pages to see if it has been confirmed.

But we all know the offensive post was about flasks & bottle tops & threatening to take them in to the ground.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
1 - Someone tried to be 'funny' and original on twitter.
2 - They misjudged their material.
3 - Someone else took 'righteous offence'.
4 - A crusade started and the wheels of justice were activated.
5 - BHAFC had to be seen to be doing something.

Everyone probably wishes it hadn't happened, and we move on.

So it wasn't just some herbert calling Jay Rod a CJTC then?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Is that really correct (genuine question). Can you be held legally accountable for the words written by someone you've never met?

Bozza obviously doesn't edit or pre-screen comments so is not liable on publication.

However, he could be liable post-publication - eg if he (or moderators) was alerted to something libellous and failed to remove the offending post/replies efficiently.

Prosecutors could demand information on post and removal times, page views etc.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bozza obviously doesn't edit or pre-screen comments so is not liable on publication.

However, he could be liable post-publication - eg if he (or moderators) was alerted to something libellous and failed to remove the offending post/replies efficiently.

Prosecutors could demand information on post and removal times, page views etc.

And presumably he would have to be able to demonstrate that controls are in place to prevent such postings, eg rules, guidelines and warnings, monitoring, etc

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I would like to take this opportunity to say that I think the marketing department of our glorious club are fantastic and totally on the ball. I love the way the glorious leader is running the club on behalf of our benefactor and I am honoured to be called a customer.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea that we shouldn't bring in flasks, bottles or concealed hip flasks. In fact I would go further and suggest no one is allowed to bring anything in to the ground at all and recommend as we have a captive audience, all food and drink prices be increased 5000 fold.

I would ban cameras and mobile phones in the stadium and all swearing and cussing!

Make it so Mr Glorious Leader.

Are we talking about Huddersfield here ???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I totally agree - If Brighton fans want the Homophobic slurs on line to stop. If Spurs fans want the Anti Semitic slurs on line to stop. If we want racist slurs on line to stop, you have to lead by example. I have no idea what the post was about and I am guessing that it stems from the Bong/Rodriguez incident, of which I was personally incensed about; that said you can't stoop to the levels of the people who make such slurs so, if the post caused offence then the Club were right to do what they did.

We have to treat people the way we expect to be treated by others

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17341243.albion-v-albion-in-the-fa-cup-fourth-round-at-the-amex/

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Someon sent an offensive post to the clubs?!

Deserves a 5-game ban for moronic behaviour, leaving aside any offensiveness. Did they say in mitigation that their phone had been stolen by Wayne Hennessey by any chance?

and the official Emirates FA Cup account also

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Did anybody see these tweets? Did anybody on here complain?

I said it after Zaha claimed he was sent racist abuse & death threats I found it weird that nobody had seen them, and no screenshots existed and the same here. If the abuse was bad enough to warrant a five game ban and visible enough to lead to numerous complaints then surely someone on here would have seen it? :shrug:

The person who made the initial complaint, took a screen grab of the tweet in question and this is still visible on twitter under the complaints account. The person who got the 5 game ban, firstly switched his twitter account to locked so only confirmed followers could view, but then I believe deleted the ir account and started a new one to try and avoid responses to his earlier tweet on the cup tie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if the ban fans seat finds it's way onto the ticket exchange.

#DoubleBubble.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yes, the line is getting harder not to cross, because things are unacceptable now that weren't seen as unacceptable 20-30 years ago. We're trying to make progress and move forward as a society.

I’m all for it but banning bottle tops really?
Seen more coins thrown than bottle tops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why would someone invent it? Am I reading more into your post than you meant?

yeah , worded wrong.

Meant just a non albion fan generating all this to either be pioneers or just play the strict boss.

Like I say , wont effect me but it is getting a bit much all this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m all for it but banning bottle tops really?
Seen more coins thrown than bottle tops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not sure about banning bottle tops. You'd have to have a real luzz on you to do any damage with one, they're too light and would lose any real pace quickly when thrown.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The person who made the initial complaint, took a screen grab of the tweet in question and this is still visible on twitter under the complaints account. The person who got the 5 game ban, firstly switched his twitter account to locked so only confirmed followers could view, but then I believe deleted the ir account and started a new one to try and avoid responses to his earlier tweet on the cup tie.

Yes, it didn't take long to see the offending tweet. Very poor taste, especially sending to West Brom and the FA. Imo the club had no choice but to act.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If it is the one linked to on the official Twitter then a 5 match ban is ridiculously over the top. A slightly tasteless (unfunny) joke referencing Cyrille Regis.

Taking the post down should have been enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here