Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like to think that the Palace fans are unsettled by us having been above them in the table for half a season. They know that we are a better run club than them, and our big home win with 10 men landed a big blow..

The 44 vs 43 points in a calendar year in their favour is an indisputable fact and yet for an established Prem club vs a 'newly-promoted, never been in the Prem before' club the gap should never be this narrow this quick. I think we are well-placed to jump above them in 2019.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Unfortunately it appears that there are three worse teams below them which pretty much keeps them up again this season.

Borrowed time though, borrowed time ;)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still remember the disastrous, embarrassing loss to Iceland, so just think he's passed his sell by date.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Obviously I don't really give a toss about Hodgson succeeding but in a way Palace's problems are less about the manager and more about their long-term strategy, or lack of it.

They continue to spunk huge amounts on player wages (Zaha's on £130k a week - at least twice what any of our players earn) and some of those big earners are total flops like Benteke. No money's going into their infrastructure and their scouting's rubbish - hence they've bought in desperation buys/loans like Sorloth and Ayew.

In other words they oscillate between spending large on players who've been a partial success at bigger clubs (Benteke, Van Aanholt, Sakho, Schlupp) or throwing blind darts in the hope of picking up a real value signing but without doing real homework (Sorloth, Meyer). In the same way they career back and forward between what they imagine is the visionary, modern, creative manager (De Boer and Pardew) and the safety-first veteran (Allardyce and Hodgson).

Long-story short, their chairman/board have poor judgement and are frittering away their premier league wealth by allowing them to circle the relegation drain each year.

I don't think there's any chance they'll go down this season sadly but they certainly seem to be bleeding slowly to death as it stands.

I'd be interested to know if Palace fans would be happy to sell Zaha for £60m if Hodgson was able to re-invest £40m of it. I reckon they might now.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Rest assured when my input is required I’ll comment .
Do you plead Guilty or not guilty to being the Theriechstuff on the BBS?

I see the Away end is full of made up shit still.

You lot ever going to get some new material instead of continuingly repeating we gave up our ground with out a fight?

Don't suppose you would want to discuss that over here would you?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Interesting to see rent-a-strop Max Meyer was dropped to the bench yesterday after a return of zero goals since his move to Palace in the summer.

How much is he being paid a week?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Interesting to see rent-a-strop Max Meyer was dropped to the bench yesterday after a return of zero goals since his move to Palace in the summer.

How much is he being paid a week?

But, he was wanted by every big club in Europe, and was said to be the German Messi,shirley

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the palace fans I know want him to stay .

**** me she’s alive!!!!!! Doogle - where you been since Dec 4th?! Looks like a quick appearance on the same day you flukes an undeserved win at Citeh then back into oblivion!? No comment on the Brighton Palace massacre? Afterall this is a BHA forum and you support 2010FC I’d have expected lots of posts from you about the game? Didn’t Brighton have 10 men too?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
#InWoyWeTrust
Absolute clown of a manager. Decent training ground coach but totally behind the time with his old school tactics and management.
I would hope he stays the season at Smellhurst.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here