Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Bohemian Rhapsody - Biopic movie.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First saw Queen at Earls Court in 77 (and then Wembley Arena, Brighton, MK Bowl)
went to the Freddie Tribute concert, and saw new Queen with Paul Rogers a couple of times.

Got my tickets for Monday

What were the Paul Rogers gigs like?

For me, Queen died on November 24th 1991. I was at the last gig they ever did at Knebworth in 1986 and I want that to remain my memory of Queen so will never go and see 50% of Queen with any other singer fronting them.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

For me, Queen died on November 24th 1991. I was at the last gig they ever did at Knebworth in 1986 and I want that to remain my memory of Queen so will never go and see 50% of Queen with any other singer fronting them.

I saw a paul rogers/queen gig in Miami. It wasn’t bad and there were some good guests there also. The venue was half full, but it was worth going.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I know what you mean, feels a bit like a tribute band, however I went to see The Smyths last week, no original members, a pure tribute act and I thoroughly enjoyed it much to my surprise.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know what you mean, feels a bit like a tribute band, however I went to see The Smyths last week, no original members, a pure tribute act and I thoroughly enjoyed it much to my surprise.

Out and out tribute acts I don't mind so much. Going to see the Aussie Pink Floyd for the umpteenth time next month, and they are superb! I just don't like half a band still touring as Queen when they blatantly aren't, especially as Freddie was such a massive part of what made the band.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

It wasn't the same without Freddie, as I say I went to a couple (probably the first 2 tours they did) but decided that it was like watching a Tribute band.

It certainly hasn't diminished the memories of the real Queen though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Always hated Queen but I love a music biopic so, despite the music I will watch when it comes to Apple TV.

Sorry Queen fans

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
ICYMI, pop pockers.. here's the real one - with a 'paltry' 659 MILLION views so far.. :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

#1 on the day I was born. I wouldn't be so quick to highlight amount of views on Youtube as an indicator of a song's merit though. By that metric, Bohemian Rhapsody needs to get around 2.6 BILLION more views for it to be considered better than GANGNAM STYLE. ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw the film tonight with the Mrs and we both loved it. A remarkable performance by Rami Malik throughout.

The Live Aid bits are incredibly realistic, I got home and watched the the 20 minute Queen set and Malik has nailed Freddie's every mannerism.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was fantastic. Maybe not gritty and miserable enough for the oh so clever and witty guardian and independent reviewers but really enjoyable with obviously a sad ending.

Don't spoil it like the idiot did before i went to see titanic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here